Milestones Approaching during Match 16 between Bangladesh Women vs South Africa Women

As the 2024 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup approaches the conclusion of its league stage, all eyes turn to the sixteenth match, where Bangladesh will clash with South Africa. This encounter could carry extra significance, with few potential milestones on the horizon.

Milestones Approaching during Match 16 between Bangladesh Women vs South Africa Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching during Match 16 between Bangladesh Women vs South Africa Women. PC: Getty

Laura Wolvaardt is 96 runs away from 2000 T20I runs

South Africa’s captain, Laura Wolvaardt, is on the brink of a major achievement. Having played 75 T20Is since her debut in 2016 against Ireland, Wolvaardt has amassed 1904 runs. She is just 96 runs away from reaching 2000 T20I runs, a milestone no South African has yet achieved in the format. She is the leading run scorer of the ongoing tournament with 141 runs from 3 matches.

Tazmin Brits is 2 runs away from 1500 T20I runs

Wolvaardt’s opening partner, Tazmin Brits, is also on the cusp of a significant feat. With 1,498 runs in 60 T20Is, she needs only 2 more to join an elite group of six South African players who have crossed the 1,500-run mark in T20 Internationals. Brits has been in fine form throughout the tournament, having already scored 113 runs in three matches.

Marizanne Kapp is 26 runs away from 5000 international runs

Veteran all-rounder Marizanne Kapp, one of South Africa’s most reliable players, is approaching a career milestone of her own. Across all formats, Kapp is just 26 runs shy of 5,000 international runs. Her record includes 317 runs in Tests, 3056 in ODIs, and 1601 in T20Is. After her blistering 43 off 24 balls against Scotland, Kapp remains a key figure in South Africa’s campaign.

Also Read:  "I feel the best fielding side has the chance of making it far in this competition," says Laura Wolvaardt

Nadine de Klerk is 5 wickets away from 100 international wickets as well as 50 T20I wickets

Meanwhile, South Africa’s dynamic fast-bowling all-rounder, Nadine de Klerk, is on the verge of a remarkable milestone. Since making her international debut in 2017, she has taken 3 Test wickets, 47 ODI wickets, and 45 wickets in T20Is. She now stands just five wickets away from reaching 50 in T20Is. Even more impressively, de Klerk needs exactly five more wickets to reach 100 international wickets across all formats.

Historically, South Africa holds the upper hand in head-to-head matchups, having won 11 out of their 14 encounters against Bangladesh, while Bangladesh has managed just two victories. This high-stakes match is scheduled to take place at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium at 7:30 PM IST.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket