Milestones Approaching During Match 14 between Australia Women vs Pakistan Women

The fourteenth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, featuring Australia against Pakistan, holds significant weight as it may play a key role in determining the top two teams from Group A. Equally crucial are the individual milestones several players are on the brink of achieving.

Milestones Approaching During Match 14 between Australia Women vs Pakistan Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching During Match 14 between Australia Women vs Pakistan Women. PC: Getty

Alyssa Healy is 17 runs away from 6500 international runs

Alyssa Healy, Australia’s captain, recently became the second Australian woman to cross 3000 T20I runs, after only Meg Lanning. Healy, with a total of 3011 runs across 161 matches, is now on the cusp of another landmark—requiring just 17 more runs to reach an impressive 6500 international runs in all formats. She has posted 455 runs from 15 Test innings and racked up 3011 runs from 98 ODIs.

Beth Mooney is 59 runs away from 3000 T20I runs

Beth Mooney, who delivered an unbeaten knock of 40 in Australia’s recent win against New Zealand, has accumulated 2941 T20I runs. With a career-best score of 117*, Mooney is just 59 runs away from becoming the third Australian woman to surpass 3000 T20I runs.

Kim Garth is 2 wickets away from 100 international wickets

Fast bowler Kim Garth is also on the verge of a major accomplishment. Garth, who has represented both Ireland and Australia, is just 2 wickets shy of completing 100 wickets in international cricket, having claimed 65 for Ireland and 33 for Australia. Although she missed out on a place in the playing XI against New Zealand and season opener against Sri Lanka, if given the opportunity, Garth will be eager to make her mark.

Also Read:  Top 5 Fastest to Score 2,000 Women's T20I Runs

Tahlia McGrath is 10 runs away from 1000 in T20Is and 75 runs away from 2000 international runs

Australia’s vice-captain, Tahlia McGrath, is closing in on two significant milestones. She currently stands at 990 T20I runs, needing just 10 more to reach the coveted 1000-run milestone in T20Is. Additionally, with 1925 runs across all formats, she is only 75 runs away from crossing the 2000-run mark in international cricket. She has added 346 runs from 9 Test innings and posted 589 runs from 26 ODI innings.

Aliya Riaz is 60 runs away from 2500 international runs

For Pakistan, Aliya Riaz is nearing 2500 international runs. The dependable all-rounder has amassed 2,440 runs from 165 matches (1324 runs from 61 ODI innings & 1116 runs from 82 T20I innings) and, though she managed only 4 runs in her recent appearance against India, Riaz remains a crucial figure for Pakistan with both bat and ball, contributing 32 wickets to her team’s efforts.

Australia and Pakistan have clashed 15 times since 2012, with Australia emerging victorious in 13 encounters, while two matches ended without a result. The match, set to start at 7:30 PM IST, will be held at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket