Harmanpreet Kaur completes 3500 T20I Runs, 3rd batter to achieve this feat

The captain of the Indian women’s cricket team Harmanpreet Kaur made her international debut on 7th March 2009 in an ODI against Pakistan. She made her T20I debut on 11th June 2009 against England. She is known for her power-hitting skills and has established herself for her aggressive and fearless style of play. She has reflected the same in her style of leadership.

Harmanpreet Kaur completes 3500 T20I Runs, 3rd batter to achieve this feat. PC: Getty
Harmanpreet Kaur completes 3500 T20I Runs, 3rd batter to achieve this feat. PC: Getty

She has added another feather to her cap as she completes 3,500 runs in the T20I format for India. She becomes only the 2nd Indian player to achieve the landmark after the Indian vice-captain and the opening batter Smriti Mandhana achieved the landmark in India’s first game of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup campaign against New Zealand led by skipper Sophie Devine at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium enroute her 12-run knock.

Skipper Harmanpreet Kaur surpassed the 3,000 runs mark in the format on 20th February 2023 at St George’s Park, Gqeberha, against Ireland enroute to her 13-run knock in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa last year.

Her tally of runs in the T20I format currently includes 13 half-centuries and a century in 156 innings. Her best performance with the bat for her side came against New Zealand when she scored a sensational century (103 off 51 balls) on 9th November 2018 in the tournament opener of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2018 in the West Indies at the Providence Stadium, Guyana.

She completed 3,500 runs in India’s third game of the ongoing 9th edition of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup campaign against Sri Lanka in the 12th match of the tournament. She reached the landmark on the final ball of the 18th over when she smashed the opposition skipper Chamari Athapaththu for a boundary and finished unbeaten on 52 off 27 balls, playing a crucial role in India’s key 82-run win over Sri Lanka.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Women's IPL Exhibition match : Supernovas seal final-ball win over Trailblazers

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket