Milestones approaching during Match 11 between South Africa Women vs Scotland Women

As South Africa and Scotland prepare to clash in the eleventh match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, the spotlight shines brightly on several key players, each of whom is on the verge of achieving significant personal milestones.

Milestones approaching during Match 11 between South Africa Women vs Scotland Women. PC: Getty
Milestones approaching during Match 11 between South Africa Women vs Scotland Women. PC: Getty

Kathryn Bryce is 3 wickets away from 50 T20I wickets

For Scotland, the Bryce sisters are on the cusp of major personal accomplishments. Kathryn Bryce, one of their standout performers, is just three wickets shy of reaching 50 T20I wickets, which would make her only the second Scottish bowler to do so after Abtaha Maqsood.

Sarah Bryce is 71 runs away from 1500 international runs

Her sister, Sarah Bryce, Scotland’s highest run-scorer in T20Is with 1,258 runs, is on the verge of another significant achievement. She needs just 71 more runs to reach 1,500 international runs across all formats, a testament to her consistent contributions as Scotland’s wicketkeeper-batter.

Tazmin Brits is 45 runs away from 1500 T20I runs

South African opener Tazmin Brits is also closing in on a milestone. Having amassed 1,455 runs in 59 T20I matches, including a top score of 81 against India, she requires just 45 more runs to join the elite list of South Africans with 1,500 T20I runs. Brits has shown good form, scoring a solid 57 off 52 balls against West Indies in her team’s first game.

Nadine de Klerk is 1 match away from 100 international matches

Nadine de Klerk, who made her international debut in 2017, has become a vital cog in South Africa’s lineup. When she takes the field against Scotland, she will play her 100th international match. Over her career, she has contributed 1,169 runs and picked up 93 wickets, making her a key all-rounder for the Proteas.

Also Read:  Sri Lanka announced squad for Women's T20 World Cup 2024, Inoka Ranaweera returns

Marizanne Kapp is 69 runs away from 5000 international runs

Veteran all-rounder Marizanne Kapp continues to be a pillar of strength for South Africa. With 16 years of international experience, she is closing in on 5,000 international runs, needing just 69 more. In addition, her tally of 243 wickets across formats showcases her immense value to the team. Kapp’s recent quickfire 26 off 17 balls against England further highlighted her current form.

Sune Luus is 1 match away from 250 international matches

Sune Luus, who made history by leading South Africa to their first World Cup final in 2023, is set to achieve another remarkable feat. She will play her 250th international match against Scotland. Luus has scored 3,855 runs and taken 166 wickets across formats, with her best bowling figures of 5 for 8 being the best by any South African in T20Is.

Interestingly, this will be the first-ever T20I encounter between South Africa and Scotland. The match is scheduled to begin at 3:30 PM IST at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket