Milestones Approaching | Match 4 | IND vs NZ | ICC Women’s T20WC 2024

India will face New Zealand in the fourth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, and numerous players are on the brink of significant milestones, adding an extra layer of anticipation to this crucial encounter. As both sides prepare for this high-stakes clash, these potential records promise to make the contest even more thrilling.

Milestones Approaching Match 4 IND vs NZ ICC Women’s T20WC 2024 PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching Match 4 IND vs NZ ICC Women’s T20WC 2024 PC: Getty

Smriti Mandhana, India’s vice-captain, is just 7 runs away from the prestigious 3500-run mark in T20Is, with her current tally standing at 3493 runs from 141 matches. She is second on the all-time list of leading run-scorers in the format with her highest score being 87 against Ireland. Mandhana is also 51 runs short of reaching 500 runs in T20 World Cups, a feat previously achieved by only two Indians—Mithali Raj and Harmanpreet Kaur.

Harmanpreet Kaur, the Indian skipper, is on the verge of joining elite company as well. With 3565 ODI runs and 3426 T20I runs, Kaur is just 9 runs away from reaching the milestone of 7000 white ball runs across both formats. Additionally, she needs 74 more runs to hit 3500 runs in T20Is. Kaur holds the distinction of being the first and only Indian woman to score a T20I century, which she accomplished against New Zealand in the 2018 edition of the tournament.

Other Indian players are chasing their own milestones. Richa Ghosh, currently at 1492 runs across formats, needs just 8 runs to reach 1500 international runs. Meanwhile, Pooja Vastrakar is only 1 wicket away from reaching 100 international wickets, marking a key moment in her career.

Also Read:  "I trust they will meet those expectations," Jhulan Goswami backs Indian Women’s Team

On the New Zealand side, Suzie Bates continues to reign supreme in T20I cricket. With 4434 runs from 165 matches, she leads the all-time T20I run-scorers’ list and is just 66 runs short of becoming the first player—male or female—to cross 4500 T20I runs. Bates is also a more-than-capable bowler, having taken 58 wickets in the format, with her best bowling figures being 4 for 26.

Brooke Halliday, another key player for New Zealand, is closing in on her own milestone, needing just 44 runs to reach 1000 international runs. She currently has 661 ODI runs and 295 T20I runs, bringing her to 956 international runs overall. Meanwhile, Maddy Green, with 1423 ODI runs and 1074 T20I runs, is just 3 runs away from completing 2500 international runs.

In terms of head-to-head records, New Zealand has dominated the rivalry, winning 9 out of the 13 matches played between these two teams. The upcoming clash, scheduled for 7:30 PM IST at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, will be a high-pressure affair, with players from both sides eager to make history and lead their teams to victory.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket