“Their Commitment and Intensity is unmatched” VVS Laxman praises Indian Women’s Team

V V S Laxman, the former Indian cricketer with a distinguished record of 11,610 runs in 245 international matches, praised Harmanpreet Kaur and her teammates for their hard work during a preparatory camp at the BCCI Centre of Excellence.

Their Commitment and Intensity is unmatched VVS Laxman praises Indian Women's Team
Their Commitment and Intensity is unmatched VVS Laxman praises Indian Women’s Team

According to Laxman, who has also served as a coach for the Indian men’s team on several occasions, the intense practice sessions will significantly benefit the team at the Women’s T20 World Cup.

Highlighting the dedication and focus of the Indian women’s cricket team, Laxman said, “The kind of commitment, dedication and the intensity with which they practise and prepare is unmatched. I am very proud of the way they prepare.”

Laxman further elaborated on the structure of the training camp, overseen by women’s team head coach Amol Muzumdar.

“It was a productive camp and (women’s team head coach) Amol (Muzumdar) had planned in such a manner that in the first phase of the camp he focused on the mental and physical aspects of the game,” Laxman said.

“Then there was a break and when they came back, they focused on the skill and the tactical aspect of the game. It was not only restricted to nets, but they also played five matches where Amol created different situations, different kinds of challenges for the players,” he continued.

Laxman also reflected on India’s success at the Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup in South Africa, where they defeated England by seven wickets to win the inaugural title. “The girls didn’t have exposure to T20 cricket because at Under-19 level, they didn’t play T20 cricket at that time. For them, to go and win the inaugural World Cup was a phenomenal achievement,” he noted.

Also Read:  "I had this dhak dhak wala heartbeat because this is my first World Cup" - Shreyanka Patil

He further emphasised the significance of this achievement, stating, “So, I think it augurs really well for Indian cricket when youngsters show that mental strength and resilience which will help them progress in their careers.”

India’s senior women’s team will begin their World Cup campaign on October 4 against New Zealand, followed by key matches against Australia, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. Meanwhile, the ICC Under-19 Women’s T20 World Cup will kick off on January 18, 2025, with defending champions India facing Sri Lanka, West Indies, and hosts Malaysia.

(Quotes sourced from Deccan Herald)

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket