Top 5 – Oldest Players to feature in Women’s T20 World Cup 2024

In the world of women’s T20 International (T20I) cricket, several players have made their mark with incredible performances, mastering their craft and becoming icons in their own right. Each player’s journey is unique, showcasing not only their talent but also their dedication and commitment to the sport.

Top 5 - Oldest Players to feature in Women's T20 World Cup 2024
Top 5 – Oldest Players to feature in Women’s T20 World Cup 2024

Among these stars are Udeshika Prabodhani, Inoka Ranaweera, Chedean Nation, Nida Dar, and Inoshi Priyadarshani. These women have played pivotal roles for their respective teams, solidifying their place in cricketing history. This article delves into their stories, stats, and the impact they’ve had on the game.

Udeshika Prabodhani: The Left-Arm Medium Pacer from Sri Lanka

Born on September 20, 1985, Udeshika Prabodhani is currently 39 years and 4 days old. Over the years, she has become an integral part of the Sri Lankan women’s cricket team, renowned for her left-arm medium pace bowling. Making her T20I debut on June 12, 2009, against Pakistan, Prabodhani has played 102 matches since her debut taking 80 wickets with an average of 22.41 and an economy of 5.48. One of her most notable achievements is her ability to maintain tight lines and lengths, making her a key player in crucial moments for her team, often taking wickets when needed the most. Her longevity and continued success speak volumes about her fitness, skill, and passion for the game.

Inoka Ranaweera: The Slow Left-Arm Orthodox Bowler with a Flair for Wickets

Inoka Ranaweera, born on February 18, 1986, is 38 years and 219 days old. She is another stellar figure from Sri Lanka, known for her slow left-arm orthodox bowling. Ranaweera made her T20I debut on September 26, 2012, against South Africa Women and has since played 82 matches. She has scalped 91 wickets with an average of 18.03 and an economy of 5.86. Ranaweera’s career has been marked by consistent performances, making her one of the most reliable bowlers for Sri Lanka. Her ability to choke runs during the middle overs makes her an indispensable asset to the team.

Also Read:  Where and how to book tickets for Women's T20 World Cup 2024 in UAE?

Chedean Nation: The Dependable Wicketkeeper from West Indies

Chedean Nation, born on October 31, 1986, is 37 years and 329 days old. Representing the West Indies, Nation has carved a niche for herself as a reliable right-hand bat and wicketkeeper. She made her T20I debut on June 27, 2008, against Ireland, and has since played 54 matches, scoring 552 runs with a strike rate of 88.17, and her highest score being 63*. While primarily known for her wicket keeping skills, Nation has also played several crucial innings with the bat, contributing in tight situations for the West Indies. Her calm demeanor behind the stumps and her ability to handle pressure make her a key figure in the team’s lineup.

Nida Dar: Pakistan’s Leading All-Rounder and Record-Breaker

Nida Dar is a household name in Pakistan’s cricketing circles. Born on January 2, 1987, she is currently 37 years and 266 days old. As a right-hand batter and right-arm off-break bowler, Dar has become one of the most prominent figures in the women’s game. She made her T20I debut on May 6, 2010, against Sri Lanka and has since played 156 matches. She has scored 2,021 runs with a strike rate of 101.76 and has taken 143 wickets with an average of 19.95 and an economy of 5.70. Dar is known for her all-round abilities, but it’s her bowling that has truly set her apart. Not only is Dar a potent bowler, but she is also a valuable batter, making her one of Pakistan’s most dependable players in the T20I format. One of her most memorable performances with the bat came in a losing cause, where she scored 75 runs.

Also Read:  "If we win the World Cup, things will really change from every perspective" - Deepti Sharma

Inoshi Priyadarshani: The Sri Lankan Off-Break Bowler

Inoshi Priyadarshani, born on March 23, 1987, is 37 years and 185 days old. She represents Sri Lanka as a right-hand batter and right-arm off-break bowler. Priyadarshani made her T20I debut on October 23, 2014, against South Africa. While her international career started a bit later compared to her compatriots, she has still managed to make significant contributions to Sri Lanka, taking 36 wickets from 32 outings. Known for her clever off-spin, Priyadarshani is adept at breaking partnerships and maintaining pressure on the opposition batters, especially during the middle overs where control and discipline are required.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket