Watch Highlights: Australia completes clean sweep over New Zealand in T20I Series ahead of T20 World Cup 2024

New Zealand’s tour of Australia for a three-match T20I series, which began on September 19, concluded with the hosts whitewashing New Zealand after winning the third T20I. They chased down a target of 147 to complete the clean sweep.

Watch Highlights Australia completes clean sweep over New Zealand in T20I Series ahead of T20 World Cup 2024. PC: Getty
Watch Highlights Australia completes clean sweep over New Zealand in T20I Series ahead of T20 World Cup 2024. PC: Getty

New Zealand elected to bat first but was unable to post a big total, managing 146, with Georgia Plimmer top-scoring for the visitors. Australia chased down the target with five balls to spare, thanks to contributions from Ellyse Perry and Ashleigh Gardner, securing a five-wicket victory.

Highlights from the Match:

1) Georgia Wareham 26 & 2/19 (Australia)

Georgia Wareham delivered a clinical performance with both bat and ball in the third T20I. With the ball, she provided the opening breakthrough for Australia, dismissing Suzie Bates by knocking over her stumps in the seventh over. Later, she removed Georgia Plimmer for 53, breaking a crucial 73-run stand for the second wicket, finishing with figures of 2/21. With the bat, Wareham came in at number three and contributed 26 runs, including four boundaries. For her all-round performance, she was awarded the Player of the Match.

2) Ashleigh Gardener (Australia) (Player of the Series)

Although the Australian all-rounder missed the first match of the series, Ashleigh Gardner delivered impactful performances in the final two T20Is. In the second T20I, she scored 18 runs and took three wickets, finishing with figures of 3/16, earning the Player of the Match award. In the third T20I, she claimed a wicket with figures of 1/27 and contributed a crucial 33 off 26 balls, including five boundaries, in a chase of 147. She was rewarded with the Player of the series award for her contribution throughout the series.

Also Read:  Preview: 34th Match- Brisbane Heat v/s Sydney Thunder, Squads, Head-to-Head, Pitch, Probable Playing XI, Weather Report, Game Prediction, Fantasy Players

3) Amelia Kerr 40 & 1/31 (New Zealand)

The White Ferns all-rounder contributed to both departments in the third T20I against Australia. With the bat, she was involved in a 73-run stand for the second wicket alongside Georgia Plimmer. Amelia scored 40 off 36 balls, including five boundaries. Later, with the ball, Amelia Kerr dismissed Alyssa Healy for 27 and finished with figures of 1/31.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket