“Dream Come True Moment” – Sajeevan Sajana on her selection for India’s T20 World Cup squad

The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) recently announced the 15-player squad for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, which includes Sajeevan Sajana and Asha Sobhana from Kerala.

Dream Come True Moment - Sajeevan Sajana on her selection for India's T20 World Cup squad. PC: Mumbai Indians
Dream Come True Moment – Sajeevan Sajana on her selection for India’s T20 World Cup squad. PC: Mumbai Indians

Following her selection, star all-rounder Sajeevan Sajana shared her thoughts on being chosen for the team. Sajana expressed her gratitude for being part of India’s squad, describing it as a “dream come true moment.” She also acknowledged the collective effort of her teammates, coaches, and fans who played a crucial role in her journey.

“This is a dream come true moment for me. Thanks to everyone who supported me on my journey,” said Sajeevan Sajana after being picked for India’s squad for the World Cup.

The Mumbai Indians all-rounder reflected on her journey and the passion that fueled her to become a cricketer and represent her country. She mentioned that representing India in the World Cup has been a cherished dream since she started playing cricket, acknowledging that her consistent efforts have finally resulted in success.

“Every time I stepped onto the field and achieved something; I was getting closer to this big dream. And now, it has come true; I will be thankful forever,” emphasized Sajana regarding her selection.

“I am so happy that she has achieved what she always dreamed of,” said Sajana’s mother, Sharada. “She always wanted to represent India at cricket’s biggest stage—the World Cup! We supported her in every way we could. It is her hard work and the guidance of her coaches that helped her achieve this goal,” she added.

Sajeevan Sajana was part of the Women’s Premier League 2024, representing Mumbai Indians, where she hit a last-ball six in the opening match against the Delhi Capitals and had an impressive WPL season.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Bangladesh vs India | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Later, Sajana was included in the T20 setup for series against Bangladesh and South Africa. She was also part of India’s squad that featured in the recent Women’s Asia Cup. Most recently, she was a member of the India A side that toured Australia for a multi-format series.

(Quotes sourced from mathrubhumi)

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket