Match 12: Bangladesh v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The 12th match of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between Bangladesh and New Zealand on February 17 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 12: Bangladesh v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

Both teams will play their third match in the tournament, having lost their previous two games. While Bangladesh have lost to Sri Lanka and Australia, New Zealand have gone down to Australia and South Africa.

Head-to-Head

Bangladesh and New Zealand have played four T20Is against each other, and New Zealand have won all.

Squads

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana Joty (c) Marufa Akter, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Fahima Khatun, Shorna Akter, Salma Khatun, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Rumana Ahmed, Lata Mondol, Ritu Moni, Disha Biswas, Sobhana Mostary

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (c), Suzie Bates, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Eden Carson, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Molly Penfold, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Players to watch

Nigar Sultana:

The captain of Bangladesh top-scored in her last appearance against Australia. The right-handed middle-order batter muscled 57 off 50, including seven boundaries and a six. She scored more than half of her team’s total of 107.

Marufa Akter: 

The right-arm speedster of Bangladesh was one of the two wicket-takers for her side in the last game against Australia. She accounted for 19/1 in four overs. She opened the bowling and struck in her second over, getting rid of the dangerous Beth Mooney.

Sophie Devine:

The skipper of New Zealand fought hard for her 16 off 26 in the last encounter against South Africa. The right-handed middle-order batter hit one boundary in her innings. She came into bat in the fourth over and was there till the 14th. Besides her batting, she can be handy with the ball.

Also Read:  England rides on Nat Sciver’s heroics to beat Pakistan by 114 Runs

Eden Carson: 

The wily right-arm off-spinner of New Zealand was one of the most successful bowlers for her side in the last fixture against South Africa. She opened the bowling and claimed 23/2 in four overs. She struck in her first over, giving a perfect start to her team with the ball.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s sixth match at the venue. The team batting first have won, and the teams batting second have won three. The surface looks good for batting. The spinners may come in handy as the wicket has gone through a fair bit of wear and tear.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 24 degrees Celsius. There will be a 39 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nigar Sultana, Sobhana Mostary, Suzie Bates, Lea Tahuhu, Amelia Kerr, Shorna Akter, Sophie Devine, Marufa Akter, Eden Carson, Hayley Jensen, Jess Kerr

Match details

Date: February 17, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here