Ellyse Perry hopes her team does something special this year to defend their T20 world cup title

Australia is set to host both women’s and men’s T20 World Cups this year, with the women’s commencing from 21st February. The final will be played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground on International Women’s Day (8 March), with the aim to break the world record for the highest attendance at a women’s sporting fixture.

Ellyse Perry - Female Cricket
Ellyse Perry. Pic Credits: ICC

Australia is no doubt a commendable team in cricket and one of the most successful teams in women’s cricket worldwide and is currently ranked No.1 in the MRF Tyres ICC Women’s Team Rankings in both ODIs and T20Is.

Ellyse Perry quoted – “We’ve been successful and played some really great cricket, especially in the last 24 months or so, so this is the next challenge for us,” she said.

“I think we want to capture people’s imaginations and make it really entertaining and make it something they want to tune in and watch.” She added.

She further added: “Given the quality of opposition, it’s going to be a great spectacle (and) it’s also going to make it really difficult for us to be successful, but I think that’s absolutely everything you want in a World Cup.

“I think we want to capture people’s imaginations and make it really entertaining and make it something they want to tune in and watch.”

Source: T20worldcup

Click here to know everything about Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

A student who is passionate about cricket enjoys writing and follows sports in general.

Also Read:  Recap of Women’s T20 World Cup 2010 | Most Runs | Most Wickets
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here