Iconic cricket anthem “C’mon Aussie, C’mon” returns for Australia Women

The iconic anthem “C’mon Aussie, C’mon” has returned for Australia cricket, this time for the women’s national team. The anthem which was first popular during 1978 for the men’s team has been relaunched by Commonwealth Bank.

Sri Lanka Women's Tour of Australia
Australian Women’s Cricket Team 

The video features the players of the Southern Stars and is a part of the campaign to promote the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup to be held in Australia next year.

“C’mon Aussie, C’mon” gained popularity in 1978 during the World Series Cricket and the cricketers featured in the song were quite well-known at that time. Over the years, the jingle has become iconic and there’s no better time for its revival than prior to the onset of the World T20 next year.

The ad which will be on television from Boxing Day onwards stars players such as Alyssa Healy, Meg Lanning, Ellyse Perry, who are some of the biggest players of the current Australian women’s cricket team.

As reported by 3aw.com.au, former AFL marketing manager Colin McLeod hoped that the jingle works.

“I sort of hope this song works because I think women’s cricket deserves a bigger platform than what it’s currently got. I have a couple of reservations about it. Probably not the least of which is this is about the fifth time it’s been re-released,” he told 3AW’s, Tony Jones.

“The original one has become an iconic song, and at the time it was created the players that were featured in the song were really well known. They were already household names. I do think it does highlight some of the great features of women’s cricket, this is probably close to Australia’s best sporting team at the moment,” he added.

Also Read:  Why will Ellyse Perry miss out opening game for Sixers in WBBL09?

Watch the video here –

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here