Kareena Kapoor unveils the 2020 T20 World Cup Trophies

Bollywood actor Kareena Kapoor unveiled the ICC World Cup trophies for the men’s and women’s tournament at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on Friday.

Kareena Kapoor at MCG
Kareena Kapoor at MCG. Source – @T20WorldCup

“I am honored to be a part of this prestigious evening. I would like to encourage all these women out there who are playing for their respective countries to pursue their dreams. Its truly empowering to see them stand tall on an international platform,” Kareena said.

She further said, “they are an inspiration to one and all. My late father-in-law was one of the greatest cricketers who played for the Indian cricket team and it is an honor for me to be unveiling the trophy.”

The 2020 ICC Women’s World Cup is scheduled from February 21, 2020, with Australia hosting India in the inaugural fixture. The men’s event will begin from October 19, 2020, with Bangladesh facing a yet-to-qualify team.

Bangladesh and Thailand locked in their names for the Women’s T20 World Cup through the qualifying event. Bangladesh winning the match against Scotland confirmed their place while Thailand created history by qualifying for the world-cup tournament as they played an international match 12 years ago. They will join the top eight teams – Australia, England, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, South Africa, Sri Lanka and the West Indies – in the 10-team tournament. While the Men’s team will see 16 teams fighting to lift the T20 WorldCup Trophy.

Bangladesh has been placed in Group A for the upcoming World Cup along with defending champions Australia, India, New Zealand, and Sri Lanka. Thailand is placed in Group B along with England, South Africa, West Indies, and Pakistan.

Also Read:  Preview: 7th Warm-Up match: India vs West Indies: Dream11 Fantasy Cricket Tips – Playing XI, Pitch Report, Injury Update

The eight top-ranked teams based on finishing positions from the last ICC T20 World Cup in the West Indies in 2018 get automatically qualified for the tournament, The final of the women’s tournament will be played at the Melbourne Cricket Ground (MCG) on March 8 while the men’s final will be played at the same venue on November 15.

Every team is geared up for this ICC Tournament, mixing up the squad and playing accordingly with required efforts in order to leave no stone unturned to come out as winners. The last Women’s T20 World-Cup was won by West-Indies and the team will definitely try hard to defend their title and come up against every team as a strong opponent.

Source: Sports.NDTV.com

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here