Go Out and Give your Best – Sachin Tendulkar urges India to enjoy World Cup 2020

Cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar sent a message for Harmanpreet Kaur and team India as they are all set to play Australia in the final of Women’s T20 World Cup in Melbourne on Monday.

Sachin Tendulkar picked two Indian cricketers who impressed him the most in ICC World Cup 2019(Action Images via Reuters)
Sachin Tendulkar picked two Indian cricketers who impressed him the most in ICC World Cup 2019(Action Images via Reuters)

The semi-final match of India against England was abandoned due to rain. Moreover, due to the dominance of winning all four matches at the group stage, team India automatically moved ahead to the finals. There was no provision made for the backup day for semi-finals match and England, therefore, had to make an exit.

Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar, who was part of India’s 2011 World Cup-winning campaign, spoke to a news agency ANI at an event in Mumbai and shared an inspiring message for the team.

“Just live in the moment and play the finals. I was there next to the trophy when I was in Australia and few members of our women’s team were there with me. I told them that it would be nice to see you with the trophy back in India,” he said.

“My message to them would be to go out and give your best. I would tell them to not take any pressure. They don’t need to spend time with the outside world. I have watched their performances and they have inspired so many youngsters,” the Master Blaster added.

He further said: “It is about bringing laurels to our nation, so many athletes in different fields have brought laurels to our nation, this would be another one. Go and enjoy yourself.”

It is for the first time that the Women team of Indian Cricket has entered the finals. They have won every single match in the group stage. They will be facing defending champions Australia in the finals.

Also Read:  ICC announces list of match officials for league matches in Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

Australia has been a four-time winner of the tournament. They defeated South Africa by five runs in semi-finals match which was shortened due to rain and restricted to 13 overs after Australia’s innings.

The two teams will face each other on Sunday, March 8, which coincides with International Women’s Day.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here