“India should bat first if they win the toss against England,” says Soniya Dabir

Former cricketer Soniya Dabir, who has represented India in 4 women’s one-day international and 13 Twenty20 international matches is part of Female Cricket’s Expert Panel for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2020. Here’s a quick preview by Soniya Dabir on Team India before their Semi-Final game against England Women tomorrow.

It’s India vs England in the semifinals and the fans would immediately say that it’s a time for the revenge.

Soniya Dabir - India vs England Semi-Finals
Soniya Dabir analyses India vs England Semi-Finals. Pic Credits: ESPN Cricinfo

What I would suggest is that Team India should look at this match as just another game and do not let the pressure pile up. They now play at SCG and it’s a rain predicted day on 5th March, though India would definitely not think much about it as it would not affect their chances of playing the Finals in Melbourne. For England, Natalie Sciver has been consistently scoring runs and Sophie Ecclestone is the youngest bowler to bag 50 wickets and is bowling well for England.

From the Indian Team, definitely, all eyes will be on Smriti and Harmanpreet, both of them looked quite positive and in good touch in the last match against Srilanka. The middle-order batters are being consistent in contributing with runs is surely a plus point for the team. The Shafali Verma show will be interesting to see as I’m sure England has been watching her and would have prepared strategies to get her out. I don’t mind Harman coming up the order like the match against Srilanka. My batsman to watch out for with Shafali Verma and Smriti Mandhana.

Also Read:  "Shafali Verma Reminds me of Virender Sehwag," says Diana Edulji

In the bowling department, India should back their spinners. The Indian team shouldn’t think of changing the playing eleven and if they think of adding a pacer then Harman should definitely bowl a few overs in the middle. Taniya Bhatia has been brilliant so far and should continue doing the same. My bowler to watch out for is Shikha Pandey who has been good bowling those tight spells and taking those crucial wickets.

Overall, I feel the Team is all set for the game. I will just say keep enjoying the game and keep playing like you have played from day one in the world cup. All the very best Team India, keep going strong.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here