Indian vice-captain Smriti Mandhana gives her opinion on Mankading

The debate over ‘Mankad’ rule has come into the limelight once again after South Africa’s last-over win over England, where Katherine Brunt tried to pursue ‘Mankading’ against Sune Luus but didn’t go further and left the batter with a warning.

Smriti Mandhana
Smriti Mandhana at Press Conference. Pic Credits: ICC

Now, India’s star opener Smriti Mandhana reacted to the much-talked rule, here’s what she had to say: “Well, I think it is in the rules of the game that you can get the batter out. But I think it is good for us to give warning once, or twice maybe.”

In a cheeky way, Mandhana also said that: If I do that for the third time, then the bowler has the right to get me out via ‘Mankad.’ As a batter, if I keep doing that, then the third time, I think the bowler has the right to get me out. So that’s what I feel (laughs).

Recently, Afghanistan spinner Noor Ahmed dismissed Pakistan’s opener Mohammad Huraira in their quarterfinal game at the U-19 World cup via mankading which fired upon a lot of debate.  England’s ace bowler James Anderson has reacted to the incident while requesting the International Cricket Council (ICC) to get rid of the ‘Mankanding’ rule.

India has now won all of their group matches by winning against Sri Lanka and become the only unbeaten team in T20 World Cup. They will next play semi-finals on 5th March.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Stafanie Taylor Column - Winning World Cup was one of the most amazing experiences of my career
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here