I do Bible reading before a match: Jemimah Rodrigues reveals her match day routine

Social media sensation and flamboyant youngster of Indian Women’s Cricket team Jemimah Rodrigues has already accomplished a lot. The all-rounder made her international debut in early 2018, has represented India in 34 T20 International and 16 One-Day International matches so far, scoring over a thousand runs.

Jemimah Rodrigues. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Jemimah Rodrigues. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

She is known for her classic shots across the boundary and brings a good balance to the side. She holds the fourth spot in the MRF Tyres ICC T20I rankings for batting. In June 2018, she was awarded the Jagmohan Dalmiya Award For Best Domestic Junior Women’s Cricketer by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).

The 19-year-old is happy about her and the team’s preparations for the big tournament and they have been performing well, India is the table topper with three consecutive victories and the first team to qualify for the semi-finals.

In a quick rapid-fire round, Jemimah shares her favorite things to do before a match:

Talking about must do before a match, she says “Hydrate, I reach out for water or Powerade. I also make sure to do some stretching. Finally, I try to stay calm. Another thing I do is a Bible reading before a match.”

When asked about who or what helps to turn up her confidence, she answers: “Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Madhana and our captain, Mithali Raj.

She was also asked about the most important factor, to which she replied: “Focus on the process consistently, the results should automatically follow.”

She states that one word that describes her is definitely positive.

Jemimah was asked why should people watch ICC T20 Women’s World Cup, she said -” It is our chance to lift the World Cup Trophy and we will do our best to do our country proud.”

Also Read:  Smriti Mandhana awaits Kapil Dev led world cup winning squad's charm in women's cricket

India next faces Sri Lanka on Saturday at 9.30 AM.

News Source: Economic Times

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here