“Harman should come one down and Veda ahead of Deepti Sharma,” says Soniya Dabir

Former cricketer Soniya Dabir, who has represented India in 4 women’s one-day international and 13 Twenty20 international matches is part of Female Cricket’s Expert Panel for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2020. Here’s a quick preview by Soniya Dabir on Team India before their game against Sri Lanka Women tomorrow.

The semi-final spot is confirmed for the Indian Team and they will face Sri-Lanka in their last league game of the World Cup. Sri-Lanka has been performing well with their skipper Chamari leading from the front. They also have the experience of Shashikala Siriwardene and their left arm pacer Udeshika Prabodhani has been brilliant in bowling those opening spells.

Indian vs Bangladesh Women's Cricket team
Indian vs Bangladesh Women’s Cricket team. Pic Credits: ICC

Though the toss is not in anyone’s hand, India should not take Sri Lanka lightly. Smriti Mandhana and Harmanpreet Kaur should use the opportunity to get back in the form. India can experiment little with their batting order here by sending Harman one down and Veda Krishnamurthy ahead of Deepti Sharma in this game. Shafali Verma has kept her batting simple – and should continue playing her attacking game.

Taniya Bhatia who has been excellent with her glove-work is contributing with those quick runs and is able to bat at any position. The middle-order I’m sure will come back strongly and continue with good work of rotating the strike and will look to accelerate from 13th to 20th over. Batsman to watch out apart from Shafali is Jemimah.

Bowlers were exceptional in the last match as usual and were well supported by the fielders. They should look to continue their good work. I would like to see Radha Yadav bowling a couple of overs in the power play, bowler to watch out would be Deepti Sharma.

Also Read:  "Bangladesh did their homework against Poonam Yadav," says Soniya Dabir

Even though the Team has reached the semi-finals they should try and test out combinations and give more game-time to Harmanpreet Kaur.

Lastly, I wish team India all the best for the match tomorrow.

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here