Match 4: Guyana v Trinidad & Tobago Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The fourth match of the CWI Women’s T20 Blaze, a regional tournament in the West Indies, organized under the able aegis of Cricket West Indies (CWI) will be played on June 9 between Guyana and Trinidad & Tobago at the Providence Stadium in Guyana.

Match 4: Guyana v Trinidad & Tobago Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Squads

Guyana: Shemaine Campbelle (Captain), Shabika Gajnabi, Lashuna Toussaint, Erva Giddings, Plaffianna Millington, Sheneta Grimmond, Ashmini Munisar, Katana Mentore, Sherica Campbell, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Mandy Mangru, Kaysia Schultz, Kumarie Persaud, Tremayne Smartt

Trinidad & Tobago: Anisa Mohammed (Capt), Lee Ann Kirby (Vice-Captain), Anna Marie Pereira, Caneisha Isaac, Djenaba Joseph, Kamara Ragoobar, Karishma Ramharack, Kirbyina Alexander, Leandra Ramdeen, Lee Ann Kirby, Rachel Vincent, Reniece Boyce, Shenelle Lord, Steffie Soogrim, Marjorie Thomas

Players to watch

Shemaine Campbelle: The right-handed batter and wicket-keeper starred with the bat for Guyana in her last match against Barbados. She mustered 33 runs off 38 balls, including five boundaries. She came in to bat in the fifth over and was there till the 17th over.

Cherry-Ann Fraser: She is a right arm medium pace bowler from Guyana, who wreaked havoc with the ball claiming 3-11 in 3.2 overs against Barbados in her last appearance. She bowled well with the new ball and was the second most economical bowler for the team.

Kirbyina Alexander: This right-handed middle order batter from Trinidad & Tobago was the lone warrior in the fight against Jamaica. She top scored with 12 runs off 11 balls and was the only batter to score in double digits.

Caneisha Isaac: She was the pick of the bowlers for Trinidad & Tobago in her last outing against Jamaica. The speedster scalped 2-21 in four overs, including the wickets of both the openers. She came in to bowl as the first change.

Also Read:  Match 14: Sapphires vs Barmy Army | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Pitch

The first day of the tournament saw three matches being played. Teams batting first won two and the team batting second won one. The average first innings score was 92 and the average second innings score was 64. The venue did not offer too much assistance to the batters. On the other hand, the cloudy conditions aided the bowlers which made them effective. Expect a riveting contest between bat and ball

Weather

A morning thunderstorm in parts of the area and considerable cloudiness is expected. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. As per the forecast, there is 44 percent chance of rain and 100 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Shemaine Campbelle, Lee-Ann Kirby, Tremayne Smartt, Britney Cooper, Cherry-Ann Fraser, Ashmini Munisar, Mandy Mangru, Kirbyina Alexander, Kaysia Schultz, Caneisha Isaac, Anisa Mohammed

Match details

Date: June 9, 2022

Time: 7.30PM IST

Venue: Providence Stadium, Providence, Guyana

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here