Match 16: Northern Brave v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 16th match of the Women’s Super Smash will be played between Northern Brave and Canterbury Magicians on January 13 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch. The game will begin at 7.30 AM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Match 16: Northern Brave v Canterbury Magicians | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their sixth game of the tournament. While Northern Brave have won one and lost three, with one fixture not producing a result, Canterbury Magicians have won four and lost one so far. These two teams played against each other on December 23, and Canterbury Magicians defeated Northern Brave by 14 runs.

Squads

Northern Brave: Bernadine Bezuidenhout (Wk), Caitlin Gurrey, Carol Agafili, Sam Barriball, Yasmeen Kareem, Brooke Halliday, Eimear Richardson (c), Lucy Boucher, Nensi Patel, Tash Wakelin, Holly Topp (Wk), Amanda-Jade Wellington, Charlotte Sarsfield, Emma Baker, Eve Wolland, Kayley Knight, Lauren Heaps, Marama Downes, Marina Lamplough, Phoebe Graham, Shriya Naidu

Canterbury Magicians: Laura Hughes (wk), Kirsty Nation, Allie Mace-Cochrane, Natalie Cox, Abigale Gerken, Emma Kench, Amy Satterthwaite (c), Frances Mackay, Jacinta Savage, Georgia Edge, Lea Tahuhu, Sarah Asmussen, Gabby Sullivan, Melissa Banks, Jessica Simmons, Kate Sims, Jodie Dean, Kristy Havill

Players to Watch

Nensi Patel: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Northern Brave was the most successful bowler in her last completed outing against Wellington Blaze. She opened the bowling with Shriya Naidu and bagged 28/3 in four overs. She made good use of the new ball and was also effective in the middle overs.

Eimear Richardson: 

The skipper of Northern Brave top-scored in the last game against Otago Sparks. The right-handed opening batter smashed 37 off 30, including half a dozen boundaries. She laid a solid foundation and held the batting innings of her team together by being there till the 11th.

Also Read:  Match 14: Wellington Blaze v Central Hinds | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Amy Satterthwaite: 

The captain of Canterbury Magicians starred with the bat in the last fixture against Auckland Hearts. The southpaw, batting at number four, muscled 56 off 46. Her innings was laced with five boundaries. She also claimed 22/2 in four overs, bowling right-arm off-spin.

Gabby Sullivan: 

The right-arm speedster of Canterbury Magicians wreaked havoc with the ball in her last appearance against Auckland Hearts. She scalped 21/4 in four overs and was the second-most economical bowler for her side. She bowled well inside the powerplay, picking up three wickets, and was effective in the death overs accounting for one scalp.

Pitch

It will be the third game of the tournament at the venue. Out of the two matches played here, the teams batting first and second have won one each. The average first innings score is 145, and the average second innings score is 140. The wicket looks good for batting. However, a thick cloud cover may keep the fast bowlers interested.

Weather

The weather is expected to see low clouds. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 20 degrees Celsius. There will be a 93 percent cloud cover and a 25 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Laura Hughes, Kate Anderson, Sam Barriball, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Amy Satterthwaite, Eimear Richardson, Nensi Patel, Melissa Banks, Gabby Sullivan, Lea Tahuhu, Amanda-Jade Wellington

Match details

Date: January 13, 2023

Time: 7.30 AM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  1st T20I: New Zealand vs Bangladesh | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here