Match 8: Central Hinds v Northern Brave | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The eighth match of the Women’s Super Smash will be played between Central Hinds and Northern Brave on December 31 at Pukekura Park in New Plymouth. The game will begin at 2.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Match 8: Central Hinds v Northern Brave | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their third game of the tournament, losing their last two fixtures.

Squads

Central Hinds: Natalie Dodd (wk), Kate Gaging, Kerry-Anne Tomlinson, Emily Cunningham, Gemma Sims, Cate Pedersen, Hannah Rowe, Jess Watkin (c), Mikaela Greig, Georgia Atkinson, Ocean Bartlett, Claudia Green, Rosemary Mair, Melissa Hansen, Monique Rees, Ashtuti Kumar, Anna Gaging

Northern Brave: Bernadine Bezuidenhout (Wk), Caitlin Gurrey, Carol Agafili, Sam Barriball, Yasmeen Kareem, Brooke Halliday, Eimear Richardson (c), Lucy Boucher, Nensi Patel, Tash Wakelin, Holly Topp (Wk), Amanda-Jade Wellington, Charlotte Sarsfield, Emma Baker, Eve Wolland, Kayley Knight, Lauren Heaps, Marama Downes, Marina Lamplough, Phoebe Graham, Shriya Naidu

Players to Watch

Claudia Green: 

The right-arm speedster of Central Hinds was one of the two wicket-takers for her team in her last outing against Canterbury Magicians. She opened the bowling with Jess Watin and claimed 22/1 in 3.5 overs. She bowled well with the new ball and in the death overs.

Hannah Rowe: 

The talented all-rounder of Central Hinds top-scored in the last match against Canterbury Magicians. The right-hander, batting at number six, mustered 30 off 32, including three boundaries and a six. With the ball, the right-arm quick bowled two overs and conceded 11 runs.

Kayley Knight: 

The right-arm medium-pace bowler of Northern Brave was one of the two successful bowlers for her side in the last fixture against Otago Sparks. She scalped 12/1 in three overs and was the most economical bowler. She opened the bowling with Shriya Naidu and struck on the first ball of her spell.

Also Read:  3rd T20I: Sri Lanka vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Bernadine Bezuidenhout:

The right-handed opening batter of Northern Brave scored a brilliant 41 off 30 in her last appearance against Otago Sparks. She muscled four boundaries in her knock. She held the innings together and batted till the 14th over.

Pitch

It will be the second game of the tournament at the venue. Though the last match was a low-scoring affair with 177 runs being scored, the conditions here look good for batting. The batters will enjoy batting on this surface. Given the morning start, fast bowlers will have some assistance in the first hour of play.

Weather

The weather is expected to be nice with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 23 degrees Celsius. There will be a one percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy Playing XI

Natalie Dodd, Caitlin Gurrey, Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Mikaela Greig, Nensi Patel, Hannah Rowe, Jess Watkin, Claudia Green, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Georgia Atkinson, Kayley Knight,

Match details

Date: December 31, 2022

Time: 2.30 AM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Pukekura Park, New Plymouth

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here