WV Raman and Jhulan Goswami roped in as Coaches for Delhi Capitals in WPL

The Delhi Team in the Women’s Premier League (WPL) is firmly eyeing to get on board the duo of veteran coach, WV Raman and star bowler, Jhulan Goswami as head coach and bowling coach respectively for their team in the inaugural league.

WV Raman and Jhulan Goswami roped in as Coaches for Delhi Capitals in WPL.
WV Raman and Jhulan Goswami roped in as Coaches for Delhi Capitals in WPL

The Delhi team is one of the five franchises to own a team and in the lead-up to the league is making crucial moves to beef up its support staff in the form of hiring quality and experienced stars in the coaching department. Sourav Ganguly, the director at Delhi Capitals was quoted saying to Sportstar, “We have offered the bowling coach role to Jhulan and we are sure that she will accept the offer.”

Looking at Jhulan Goswami’s career trajectory, besides being a pioneer in women’s cricket and a leading wicket-taker, she can be credited with nurturing and mentoring young girls all around the country. Currently serving as the mentor for the Bengal domestic team after retiring from international cricket in 2021, this can be a massive opportunity for her to mould the next generation of players in a WPL team cohort. WV Raman, on the other hand, has served the Indian women’s senior team as the head coach in a three-year stint and was instrumental in instilling a competitive and vibrant team culture that saw them taste glory and took them to uncharted territory. Ganguly added, “WV did a great job with the Indian team and that’s why we have offered him the head coach role job”.

Also Read:  Jhulan Goswami completes 20 Years in International Cricket

Undoubtedly, the duo bring in a lot of experience and cricketing acumen that will help the team massively and shape the minds of a whole new generation.

I am a first year postgraduate student pursuing a MA in Media and Communication Studies at Christ University, Bengaluru. I am a podcaster, blogger and an avid cricket fan. When not glued to cricket matches, you can find me submerged in books and thinking about cricket all the time.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here