All Records made by Alyssa Healy during 170 Runs in World Cup Final?

Australia’s swashbuckling right-handed opening batter Alyssa Healy plundered a blistering 170 off 138 balls against England in the finals of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup that was played at Hagley Oval in Christchurch. In the process, she shattered many records.

All Records made by Alyssa Healy during her 170 Runs in World Cup Final? PC: ICC/Getty Images
All Records made by Alyssa Healy during her 170 Runs in World Cup Final? PC: ICC/Getty Images

Riding on a brilliant 129 in the semi-final against West Indies, Healy picked up from where she had left. Going into the finals of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, the opening batter did not let the pressure of the finals get to her rather she thrived in the situation to demolish the English bowling attack. She simply toyed with the England bowlers and thrashed them all around the park. Her entertaining innings was embellished with 26 boundaries which showed her sheer dominance with the bat. She has hammered 69 boundaries in the tournament, which is the highest by any player in this edition of the World Cup.

With a second consecutive century in this World Cup, Healy became the only player in the history of women’s cricket to score centuries in the semi-final and final of the same World Cup. With two centuries in the tournament, she is the only player to have as many centuries in this World Cup.

Her score of 170 is also the highest score by an individual player in this edition of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup. She went past her captain Meg Lanning, who had mustered an unbeaten 135 against South Africa on March 22 at the Basin Reserve in Wellington.

Courtesy of her back to back centuries, Healy (509) went past 500 runs in this World Cup to become the only player to record more than 500 runs in a single Women’s Cricket World Cup. Her score of 170 in the finals was also the second highest score by an Australian in Women’s Cricket World Cup, behind Belinda Clark’s 229 not out against Denmark in Mumbai during the 1997 World Cup.

Apart from these, the 32-year old became the first player, across men’s and women’s cricket, to register a score of 150+ in the history of World Cups. She broke the record of her country mate Adam Gilchrist, who had muscled 149 runs against Sri Lanka during the 2007 World Cup finals.

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy and Rachael Haynes break 25 Year Old Record by Debbie Hockley

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here