Charlie Dean records Career Best ODI Bowling Figure, Picks 4 Wicket against India

England Off Spinner, Charlotte Dean was just outstanding with the ball against team India on Wednesday in the 2022 WC. The spinner playing her 9th one day and 2nd world cup match got her best bowling figures of 4 for 23 in 8.2 overs.

Charlie Dean picks 4 wicket haul against India. PC: ICC/Getty Images
Charlie Dean picks 4 wicket haul against India. PC: ICC/Getty Images

Dean started her spell in the 17th over with a fabulous double-wicket maiden over. She took the wicket of Harmanpreet Kaur by making her edge the ball. Just two deliveries later Sneh Rana tried to go for an expensive cover drive edging it to the wicket-keeper Amy Jones. This put Team India under big pressure as they got reduced to 61 for 5 from 61 for 3 in just one over.

Dean continued the lethal attack conceding just 3 runs in the first 3 overs. After going for 9 runs in her 4th over, she came back strong picking the wicket of Pooja Vastrakar reducing team India to 87 for 7. The youngest Richa Ghosh took India past 100 by scoring a handy 33 run. She came back in the 37th over to finish of team India as she took the final wicket of Meghna Singh wrapping up the Indian unit for 134 thus setting an easy 135 run target for reigning champions.

In her 9 match ODI career so far, she has picked 15 wickets with today’s 4 for 23 being her best figures. This magnificent performance has helped England have a big chance to win their first match in the 2022 World Cup.

Also Read:  Shafali Verma retains No.1 spot in ICC T20I Rankings, surpasses Beth Mooney

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here