Fran Jonas Makes World Cup Debut, Youngest in 2022 Tournament

As the 2022 World Cup is on with hosts New Zealand taking on this West Indies in the first match of the tournament, 17-year-old Fran Jonas will be making her world cup debut against West Indies. The left-arm orthodox is the youngest player in the 2022 World Cup and giving her an opportunity in the very first match of the tournament is a huge call made by White Ferns.

Fran Jonas - New Zealand youngster making her World Cup debut against West Indies in 1st Match. PC: Getty Images
Fran Jonas – New Zealand youngster making her World Cup debut against West Indies in 1st Match. PC: Getty Images

Fran Jonas has played 4 ODI matches so far. She debuted for New Zealand on Feb 23rd, 2021 against England. She has played 2 matches against England and India respectively and has taken 2 wickets. Her best bowling game against team India in the recently concluded ODI series where she managed 1 for 40 in the 5th ODI.

The 17-year-old spinner will be looking to utilize the given opportunity and will try to make the best against West Indies in the first matches. She is not the only of making a world cup debut. The following players across New Zealand and West Indies are also making their first appearance in the World Cup.

For New Zealand:

Brooke Halliday
Jess Kerr
Fran Jonas

For West Indies

Chinelle Henry
Aaliyah Alleyne

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Also Read:  West Indies' Squad for Bilateral Series against England Announced, Stafanie Taylor imssing
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here