Talking to our sports psychologist helped me clear my thoughts: Harmanpreet Kaur

Team India is all set to set the stage on fire at the 2022 Women’s World Cup. The Indian Women had 2 good warm-up match wins against South Africa and West Indies. Senior members like Mithali Raj, Jhulan Goswami, and Harmanpreet Kaur are looking forward to leading by example by showcasing their experience and skill during the World Cup. Harmanpreet Kaur who has gone through a rough patch will be making sure to score big runs in this tournament.

Talking to our sports psychologist helped me clear my thoughts: Harmanpreet Kaur

Speaking to the media, Harmanpreet Kaur was asked about her expectations going into the World Cup, she said “I have high expectations from myself as I know how important my place is in the side. But sometimes things don’t go your way. I’m thankful to the people who supported me. Because of the support, I’m back in the rhythm.”

While talking about her mental state during her rough patch, Kaur said, “Talking to our sports psychologist Mugdha Bavare helped me clear my thoughts and get out of the shell when I was not able to score runs against New Zealand.”

When asked about her comfortable position in the batting order, she said, “I’m more comfortable at No. 4 and No. 5 positions. But sometimes you have to make changes according to the team requirements. Right now, I will be playing at No.5.

When asked about her absence in the 2nd warm-up match against West Indies. Harmanpreet Kaur said that she had a sour wrist in the first warm-up match against South Africa and therefore she missed the 2nd warm-up to avoid major injury.

Also Read:  Meg Lanning's 135 Runs help Australia beat South Africa by 5 Wickets

Speaking about her iconic 171 against Australia in the semi-final of 2017 WC, the aggressive batter said she doesn’t judge herself by the numbers. She wants to be there and play accordingly when the team needs her the most.

Team India will be starting their 2022 World Cup campaign on Sunday, March 6th as they face arch-rivals Pakistan at Mount Maunganui at 6.30 AM IST. The match will broadcast live on Star Sports Network and Live Streaming on Disney+ Hotstar.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here