Preview: Warm Up – England vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

England and Bangladesh will lock horns against each other on February 28 in a warm-up game ahead of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup.

Match preview

Head to head

England and Bangladesh have never played against each other in ODIs.

Preview: Warm Up – England vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Squads

England: Heather Knight (captain), Tammy Beaumont, Katherine Brunt, Freya Davies, Charlotte Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Kate Cross, Sophie Ecclestone, Natasha Farrant, Amy Jones, Emma Lamb, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danielle Wyatt

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (Captain), Salma Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Fargana Hoque, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Fahima Khatun, Ritu Moni, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Sharmin Akhter, Lata Mondal, Sobhana Mostary, Fariha Trisna, Suraiya Azmim, Shanjida Akther Maghla

Players to watch out for

Tammy Beaumont:

The right-handed opening batter has been in good form in the recent past. She is the only batter to score more than 1000 ODI runs since 2019. She is also the leading run-getter in women’s ODIs after the 2017 World Cup.

Kate Cross:

The right arm seamer has enjoyed a lot of success over the last two years. She has 37 wickets in ODIs since 2019, which is the joint highest alongside Australia’s Jess Jonassen.

Rumana Ahmed:

She is the former captain of Bangladesh. She is an all-rounder who is a right-arm leg spinner and a right-handed middle-order batter. She is the leading run-getter and highest wicket-taker for Bangladesh in ODI cricket with 893 runs and 45 wickets.

Nahida Akter:

She is a left-arm spinner, who has been in phenomenal form in the last one year. She can bowl with the new ball as well as in the middle overs. She has five wicket hauls in ODI and T20I cricket. In total, she has 26 ODI wickets in 18 innings.

Also Read:  Match 8 – India vs New Zealand Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Pitch

It is a good cricketing wicket. Prior to this match, a warm up game between Australia and West Indies was played on February 27. More than 400 runs were scored and 16 wickets fell during the day, out of which 10 were picked by the spinners and six by the seamers. The venue will offer a good contest between bat and ball.

Weather

The weather is expected to be good for a complete day of cricket. The average temperature will be around 17 degrees Celsius. There is no chance of precipitation and the wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy playing XI

Amy Ellen Jones, Danielle Wyatt, Fargana Hoque, Heather Knight, Tammy Beaumont, Natalie Sciver, Rumana Ahmed, Salma Khatun, Kate Cross, Nahida Akter, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: February 28, 2022

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: Lincoln Green, Lincoln

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here