Rachel Priest back to Hobart Hurricanes for another WBBL season

With WBBL|07 just three months away, Hurricanes made a big sign in the form of their last year’s Player of the Tournament, Rachael Priest. After an amazing first season with the Hurricanes, Priest will once again don the purple jersey for the seventh season of the Women’s Big Bash League.

Rachel Priest for Hobart Hurricanes. PC: Hobart Hurricanes
Rachel Priest for Hobart Hurricanes. PC: Hobart Hurricanes

Former New Zealand wicket-keeper batter Racheal Priest has been an important part of the White Fern team for as long as 13 years. She has played 87 One-Day Internationals and 75 T20 Internationals before retiring from international cricket in June 2020.

During her first season with the Hobart Hurricanes in WBBL|06, Priest made a mammoth of 354 runs with an average of 35.40 and a strike rate of 118 in the 13 matches she played for the team, which includes her highest ever score in WBBL, i.e., 92 not out. This 92* score led Hurricanes to a nine-wicket win over the Sydney Sixers and it was also the highest score a Hurricane has made since the inception of WBBL.

Talking about her re-signing with the Hurricanes, Priest said, “I’m really excited about getting out there for another WBBL season as a part of the Hurricanes group.”

“We were obviously disappointed with where we finished last year,” Priest continued, “but there were some really good moments in there too.  With the team and the program Sall [head coach Salliann Beams] has been building both on- and off-field, I really think we can show a considerable improvement this season,” she added.

Priest is one of the three international signings of the Hurricanes and will be seen in action on the 17th of October when they take on the Melbourne Renegades in the opening weekend of WBBL|07 at the North Sydney Oval in the beautiful city of Sydney.

Also Read:  ICC Women's Team of the Year - EXPLAINED

Source: Hobart Hurricanes

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here