Nida Dar bids farewell to Thunders in order to fulfill her commitments for the National side

Nida Dar who made her debut for WBBL this year playing for Sydney Thunder has had a good run till now but unfortunately, Nida had to bid farewell to thunders due to her commitment to national duties. She is to join Pakistan for the upcoming tour against England next month for the T20I series. Nida is the First Pakistani Women’s Cricketer to play in WBBL and to participate in any foreign domestic T20 competition.

Nida Dar
Nida Dar

Nida has proved to be a useful asset for the side by becoming the lead wicket-taker, picking up 13 wickets and the sixth-best placed batter with 99 at an average of 12.38. She has lead the way for the rest of the Pakistani players by becoming a successful example and paving the path for more development. “I am pretty sure they will have a look at my performances in the WBBL and see that this is a pathway,” she said before flying out of Australia this morning. “When I go back, I will share my experiences and what I got from being here. “My bowling has really improved; I got a lot of good spells here. I also learned how to bat [in Australian conditions] and I have a new shot that I never played: the lap shot. “It was good for me that I could experience these things and that I can now share them. It has been very helpful for me.”

Adding about her experience with Thunder, she said- “I will remember how I was made to feel as though I was in a family at Sydney Thunder,” said Dar. “People were always asking if there was anything I needed, or if I needed help with anything. “I have gained a lot of experience from our coaching staff and learned a lot from Rachael [Haynes] Alex [Blackwell], ‘Priesty’ [Rachel Priest] and Shabnim [Ismail]. “I really want to come again. The next time [I’m in Australia] will be for the T20 World Cup and I can tell the [Pakistan] players about the conditions here.”

Thunder coach Trevor Griffin said Pakistan ought to feel “proud” of what Dar achieved during her time in the WBBL. “Nida has been great for us,” he said. “The pitches in Australia are very different to what Nida is used to, and she’s had to adapt her game. “I’ve found her great to work with because she’s wanted to learn. Nida has given her all on and off the field. She certainly did her nation proud.”

Also Read:  Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry create history together

Sydney Thunders will now face Melbourne Stars next in Manuka Oval on Wednesday.

Source: SydneyThunder.com.au

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here