Amanda Jade-Wellington gets engaged on field, says I’m so happy and still shaking!

Australian cricketer Amanda Jade Wellington was totally surprised on Saturday when her boyfriend came on the field during their team photo session after her team Adelaide Strikers beat Melbourne Renegades by 6 wickets in the Women’s Big Bash League and proposed her for marriage and guess what, Amanda said YES! such a dreamy delight isn’t it.

Amanda Jade Wellington
Amanda being proposed by her boyfriend (Screengrab: @strikerswbbl)

“When I saw him on the field, I just thought, ‘get off, we’re trying to take a team photo’. I had no idea what was really happening, but I’m so happy… I’m still shaking,”

Amanda was quoted as saying by The Advertiser. The team was cheering in the background while Amanda got engaged to her boyfriend.

Amanda is a leg spinner and kicked off her career through WNCL (Women’s National Cricket League) debut in 2012 at the age of 15, she is the youngest person to ever represent the state of South Australia in senior cricket. Since 2016 she has represented Australia in all three forms of international cricket-Tests, ODI and T20s. She has played 8 T20Is, 12 ODIs and 1 Test for the National team.

Earlier, the Strikers clinched a comprehensive victory with 28 balls to spare after Player of the Match Sophie Devine returned figures of 1/16 before smashing an unbeaten 72 and West Indies star Stafanie Taylor starred with 3/26, took a catch and also scored a crucial 21, sharing a 62-run stand from 50 balls with Devine. Sophie Devine was awarded Player of the Match for her 72*.

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Match 40: Adelaide Strikers vs Sydney Thunder | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here