Tammy Beaumont joins Melbourne Renegades for WBBL 2019 edition

The Melbourne Renegades has signed England’s batting sensation Tammy Beaumont for the upcoming season of Women’s Big Bash League.

Tammy Beaumont. Pic Credits

Melbourne Renegades was earlier led by New Zealand international player Amy Satterthwaite. But Renegades will miss the services of Amy this season after announcing last month that she is expecting a child with wife Lea Tahuhu in Early 2020. Therefore, Melbourne Renegades decided to replace the ex-captain and Tammy Beaumont could be the replacement. However, the Captain for the side isn’t decided yet and will formally be announced closer to the WBBL05 season.

Lea Tahuhu will continue to represent Melbourne Renegades in October this year.

Most recently, Tammy Beaumont led the Southern Vipers in the Kia Super League, scoring 239 runs for the tournament.

The right-hander peeled off an outstanding 114 against Australia in a Women’s Ashes game in July, averaging 41.07 in one-day internationals.

The 28-year-old’s T20 international record is also impressive, having six half-centuries and a century to her name.

Beaumont was also awarded an MBE for her efforts in England’s 2017 World Cup victory, scoring a team-high 410 runs at an average of 45.5.

Tammy Beaumont will be accompanied by another English cricketer – Danielle Wyatt this summer.

“I’m thrilled to be heading back to the Big Bash. I’ve played against a lot of the talent in the Renegades line-up so it’ll be nice to be playing alongside them this time,” Beaumont said.

“The Renegades are a side on the rise and the Big Bash is such a tough competition so I’m looking forward to testing myself against some of the best players in the world,” Tammy further added.

Also Read:  Preview: 17th Match- Sydney Thunders v/s Hobart Hurricanes, Squads, Head-to-Head, Dream-XI Fantasy Cricket Tips, Playing XI, Pitch & Injury Report.

Head coach Tim Coyle welcomed the addition of the experienced England player and said: “We’re happy with how our roster has come together for the season ahead. We’re excited to bring some fresh faces into the squad and set ourselves up to be challengers for the title this season. Tammy has made a real impact on international cricket and we’re pleased to have her on board. While Amy Satterthwaite won’t be available to play, we’ll still benefit from her knowledge in our coaching and preparation.”

Vishal Yadav, Founder & CEO at Female Cricket

On a mission to promote women’s cricket around the world! Follow our story:

Yourstory | Feminism in India | CricketGraph

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here