Brisbane Heat signs New Zealand’s Amelia Kerr for WBBL 2019 season

Amelia Kerr Brisbane Heat WBBL
Amelia Kerr Brisbane Heat WBBL

Amelia Kerr has been rope in by Brisbane heat to play in the Women’s Big Bash League 2019. Amelia is the most exciting signing of the big bash 2019. Amelia is predominantly a leg-spinning all-rounder. After making it loud on the domestic circuit Amelia made her international debut for the New-Zealand Women’s team in 2016 when she was just 16 years old and soon the world knew that a phoenix is rising. She made her debut against Pakistan in the T20 game returning with figures of 3 for 16 she has played 24 T20I and 29ODI for her national team. Economical and attacking she’s a combination of both. 

In June 2018 Amelia just 18 months into her international career set the ground ablaze with an unbeaten 232 in an ODI against the Ireland women’s cricket team giving the world the measure of her batting power.

Amelia sees Women’s big bash league as the highly competitive and highly regarded tournament in the world and is looking forward to playing and gain some experience. This could also be vital as Australia is set to host the World T20 tournament next year.

“A lot of players from my national team have had a chance to play in the WBBL and I know it is highly regarded around the world. Now I have the chance to play and I am confident it’s going to be a great experience. I have watched WBBL regularly at home and was seriously impressed at the way the heart won the title last year.” 

Brisbane heat coached praised the all-rounder by saying “It’s exciting to have her in our team and we are looking forward to seeing her live when the season starts. Anyone who has followed Women’s cricket would be aware that Kerr is a special talent. We have enjoyed having her with the Queensland Fire squad this week” coach Ashley Noffke also said that he was impressed with how focused and determined Amelia is.

Also Read:  Eliminator: Sydney Thunder vs Brisbane Heat | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Brisbane Heat has heated things for the upcoming Women’s Big Bash League by adding a player of Amelia’s caliber to their team.   

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here