Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Meg Lanning to become Second-Highest Run-Scorer in WT20I, only behind Suzie Bates now

Harmanpreet Kaur has achieved a significant milestone in her cricket career, becoming the second-highest run-scorer in Women’s Twenty20 International (WT20I) history.

Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Meg Lanning to become Second-Highest Run-Scorer in WT20I, only behind Suzie Bates now. PC: BCCI
Harmanpreet Kaur surpasses Meg Lanning to become Second-Highest Run-Scorer in WT20I, only behind Suzie Bates now. PC: BCCI

Surpassing Meg Lanning’s (Australia) tally of 3405 runs from 121 innings, Harmanpreet now ranks just behind New Zealand’s Suzie Bates who has scored the most – 4348 runs from 159 innings – in the shortest format.

Harmanpreet edged past Meg Lanning’s tally during India’s ongoing Asia Cup (T20I) campaign, in the game against the United Arab Emirates (UAE). In her latest innings, Harmanpreet scored 66 runs from 47 balls, contributing to India’s total of 201 runs in the fifth match of the tournament, where she reached a total of 3415 runs in 152 innings.

Most career WT20I runs:

Suzie Bates – 4348 runs (159 innings)
Harmanpreet Kaur – 3415 runs (152 innings)
Meg Lanning – 3405 runs (121 innings)
Smriti Mandhana – 3378 runs (133 innings)
Stafanie Taylor – 3338 runs (118 innings)

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image below and sign up now:

Harmanpreet made her T20I debut on June 11, 2009, against South Africa during the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup in Taunton. Despite a modest start, her dedication and hard work propelled her to greater heights. Taking over as captain from Mithali Raj in April 2013, Harmanpreet has played a pivotal role in the rise of women’s cricket in India.

In the recent series against South Africa, Harmanpreet surpassed Stafanie Taylor’s record and then Meg Lanning’s, showcasing her exceptional skill and talent as a cricketer. Her achievements not only solidify her legacy but also inspire young cricketers across India. As she continues to lead the national team, Harmanpreet’s journey highlights the growing strength and competitiveness of the Indian women’s team on the global stage.

Also Read:  Where to watch Match 5: India vs UAE Women in Women’s Asia Cup 2024? Live Streaming Details

Looking ahead, Harmanpreet remains focused on future challenges, aiming to further elevate her standing in T20I cricket.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket