2nd T20I: England vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The decider, the 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I), of the 3-match bilateral series between Australia and England, is scheduled to be played at Kennington Oval, London, on the 5th of July, 2023, and commences at 10:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

2nd T20I: England vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the Women’s Ashes T20I opener, England faced a batting collapse but managed to post a respectful total of 153/7, on the back of impressive innings of Sophia Dunkley (56) and a late flurry of runs from Amy Jones (40* off 21).

In response, Australia’s top-order, spearheaded by Beth Mooney, Tahlia McGrath (40), and Ashleigh Gardner (31), provided a solid foundation. Despite a wobble in the middle order, Annabel Sutherland’s crucial boundaries and Beth Mooney’s unbeaten 61 ensured a nail-biting victory for Australia with just one ball to spare.

Squads:

England – Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Charlie Dean, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Amy Jones, Nat Sciver-Brunt (VC), Issy Wong, Lauren Winfield-Hill, Danielle Wyatt

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Players to watch out:

Maia Bouchier

The 24-year-old batter, in 12 T20I outings has scored 148 runs at a strike rate of 118.39. Maia wasn’t part of the side’s opener, but England would consider playing her, especially for the form she is in having scored a brilliant 74 against Australia A only recently.

Lauren Bell

The 22-year-old pacer, in 10 T20I outings has struck 14 scalps at an economy rate of 6.44 and has got the best of 4/12. Scalping prized wickets of Alyssa Healy and Ellyse Perry, Bell got her T20 campaign underway in fine fashion, finishing on figures of 2/32 (4).

Also Read:  Warm-up Match 7: England v New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Alyssa Healy

The 33-year-old keeper-batter, in 124 T20I appearances has scored 2494 runs at a strike rate of 126.79 and registered the highest of 148*. Alyssa had a quiet start to her T20I series, departing cheaply for 5, however, would want to quickly get back to scoring big runs.

Jess Jonassen

The 30-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, in 97 bowling innings has struck 97 wickets and scored 432 runs in 42 innings. Jess has kicked off her T20 campaign on the right foot registering figures or 3/25 (4), while wasn’t required with the bat.

Pitch:

The 22-yard center strip at the Kennington Oval, London provides a somewhat neutral playing field as the conditions are advantageous to both batters and bowlers. Pacers particularly benefit from the conditions, and a score in the 170s is believed to be a competitive one on this wicket.

Weather:

Despite cloudy overhead, the probability of rain is minimal during match hours as the forecast promises a complete game of cricket at Kennington Oval, London. The temperature is forecasted to be around 19°C, with light winds and a humidity level of 93%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Amy Jones, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Ellyse Perry, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Ashleigh Gardner, Megan Schutt, Sophie Ecclestone, Sarah Glenn

Match details:

Date – July 5, 2023

Time – 10:30 PM IST

Venue – Kennington Oval, London

Broadcast – All games of the series will be live-streamed on Sony Liv and telecasted by Star Sports Network.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here