Schedule for Women’s Ashes 2021-22 Announced

Cricket Australia announced the Ashes schedule for both the women’s and the men’s teams for this season of cricket. It is going to be a treat for the cricket fans in Australia as the Ashes is scheduled over three venues namely- Canberra, Sydney, Adelaide, and Melbourne.

Women's Ashes
Women’s Ashes. PC: Twitter

“We are thrilled to see so much elite international cricket coming to the SCG and North Sydney Oval this summer. The Australian women’s team is one of the country’s favorite sporting teams and to be able to host games at North Sydney Oval against powerhouse countries will really help to inspire young girls and boys to play and love cricket. There is nothing more mouth-watering for cricket fans than the Sydney Test match against the old enemy in January either so that will be another highlight,” said Lee Germon, CEO Cricket NSW.

Apart from the Ashes, the Australian women will be hosting Indian women to start their stint this summer. The two teams will be up against each other for a bilateral series and a test match, which would be India’s second Test for the season. The final dates and venue will soon be decided by the cricketing boards, but the series is expected to happen somewhere in September 2021.

Talking about the packed summer season of cricket for the Aussies women, here’s what Geoff Lee, the Minister of Sport said: “Who could forget the spectacle of the Women’s T20 World Cups when the Australians captured the hearts of the nation on their way to winning the World Cup. We’re now set for another exciting summer of women’s cricket. The SCG Test is always a highlight of the summer sporting calendar, with fans able to enjoy a safe, family-friendly day at the cricket.”

Also Read:  Preview: 3rd T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Australia Women haven’t lost the Ashes since the 2013/14 season. England women took the title home in the 2013/14 season, but haven’t won ever since. Australia’s consecutive wins since the past several years will be challenging for England. Australia’s Meg Lanning-led side will take on England’s Heather Knight and her squad starting 27th January 2021.

Women’s Ashes 2022 schedule:

Test: 27-30 January – Manuka Oval, Canberra

1st T20I: 4 February – North Sydney Oval, Sydney

2nd T20I: 6 February – North Sydney Oval, Sydney

3rd T20I: 10 February – Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

1st ODI: 13 February – Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

2nd ODI: 16 February – Junction Oval, Melbourne

3rd ODI: 19 February – Junction Oval, Melbourne

Vaishnavi Iyer

I’m a Senior Masters student pursuing Journalism and Mass Communication. An all time Cricket enthusiast. I could never play the game but always loved watching it, and now writing about it!

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here