The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Saturday, 26th September announced the appointment of the All-India Women’s Selection Committee.
Neetu David, one of India’s legend and best bowlers in the late ‘90s and early 2000, has been named as the chief of BCCI’s women’s national selection panel.
Also part of the Committee are Arati Vaidya, Renu Margrate, Venkatacher Kalpana and Mithu Mukherjee.
The new All-India Women’s Selection Committee
1) Neetu David (10 Tests and 97 WODIs)
2) Arati Vaidya (3 Tests and 6 WODIs)
3) Renu Margrate (5 Tests and 23 WODIs)
4) Venkatacher Kalpana (3 Tests and 8 WODIs)
5) Mithu Mukherjee (4 Tests)
The four-year term of the previous panel, led by Hemlata Kala, ended in March 2020. It had Sudha Shah, Anjali Pendharkar, Shashi Gupta and Lopamudra Banerjee as other members.
Their last assignment was selecting the team for the women’s World T20 in Australia, where India ended runners-up.