So guys….!!! Are you ready for the breathtaking action at the cricket field yet again???
And this time, it’s T20 international series between India Women and South Africa Women starting from 13th February. After a powerpacked ODI series, both the teams are gearing up for the shorter format battle now.
After winning the ODI series, India Women are on a high and SA Women regained their confidence after winning the final game of the series. But T20 is a different format and the girls have to pull up their soaks and start fresh.
Ironically, ever since the introduction of T20 format, both the teams have faced each other only in one (1) match and that too in 2014-15 tour of SA Women in India. Indian team won this sole T20I played between these two.
Now, before the start of this series, let us know about new comers and game changers of both the teams.
As far as Indian team is concerned, a hand full of new comers and youngsters have find a place in the selected team. Based on their exceptionally well performance in India ‘A’ team and in Women’s Challengers Trophy, following new comers have got the chance to represent their country in T20 internationals :-
- All-rounder Jemimah Rodrigues (Youngest member of the Indian contingent)
- Wicketkeeper batter Tanya Bhatia (20 year old young player)
- In the bowling department, young guns Pooja Vastrakar (18 year old youngster made her ODI debut in the last match of the just concluded ODI series against the same opponents) and Radha Yadav (all-rounder) will make their T20I debut in the series.
For South Africa team, there are two (2) new comers. Namely,
- Nadine de Klerk – The 18 year old player has just begun her international career in cricket and this five match series is goingto give her a great exposure of playing against an international team.
- Raisins Ntozakhe – She is a spin bowler having made her ODI debut in 2017 and is making her T20I debut in this series.
Sensational Smriti Mandhana, mighty Harmanpreet Kaur, experienced Mithali Raj and Jhulan Goswami, unpredictable Deepti Sharma and Jemimah Rodrigues can be game changers for Indian team.
And on the other hand, South African team have likes of Dane van Neikerk, allrounder Marizanne Kapp, bowler Shabnim Ismail and Chloe Tryon along with the unpredictable newcomers who can turn the game in their favour at any stage of the game.
With all the facts and stats placed above, India Women have a phycological advantage over their opponents and thus enter as favorites in this 5-match T20I series. But having said that, this is a changed format with new playing scenerio and South Africa Women have every chance of providing a tough challenge to their Indian counterparts.
As of now, we wish all the very best to the the Indian team and get ready for the real action in the cricket field.