3rd T20I – Nida Dar, Anam Amin lead Pakistan to victory in Sana Mir’s 100th T20I

The third and the final match of the series was played and finally it was something for the home team to cheer. They ended the series on a positive note and brought smile back on the home supporters. They beat the Windies team by 12 runs in the final T20I.

3rd T20I - Nida Dar, Anam Amin lead Pakistan to victory in Sana Mir's 100th T20I

After electing to bat in a relatively dead rubber of a match, they had a good and steady start with the bat. In the third over of the innings, Selman took the wicket of Javeria Khan 10(8). Bismah Maroof joined Omaima Sohail and started building a partnership. At the end of the powerplay, the score was 45/1. But in the 7th over, Maroof was bowled by leggie Afy Fletcher. At the halfway stage, the total was 69/2. The debutant for the Windies Karishma Ramharack took her first wicket in International cricket of Omaima Sohail for 28 stumped by Merissa Aguillera. In her next over, she took her second wicket of Iram Javed caught by her skipper behind the stumps. She bowled a wicket maiden and helped in limiting the run rate.

But Nida Dar had other plans as she started taking on the bowling attack. They were 90/4 after 14 overs and Dar along with Aliya Riaz scored a crucial partnership of 67. Nida Dar brought her half century in 40 balls with 5 fours and 2 sixes. She was finally run out in the last over of the innings. Aliya Riaz remained unbeaten on 24 off 23 balls including 1 four and a maximum. They reached a total of 150 in their 20 overs with the loss of 6 wickets. The partnership between Dar and Riaz changed the whole complexion of the match. The debutant Ramharack was impressive for the visitors with her figures of 2-20 in 3 overs.

Also Read:  Match 6 – Australia vs Pakistan Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

With a massive total to chase on a relatively slower track, it was up to the Windies batters to get the job done. But Anam Amin had other plans as she took the wicket of Kycia Knight on the second ball of the innings. The strategy to give the left arm spinner the first over worked for the hosts as Knight was stumped on nought. But the dependable Dottin was looking to score of every ball and kept the scoreboard moving. After 4 overs, they were 24 for 1. Then the veteran bowler Sana Mir came into the attack and bowled Campbelle 9(12) on the very first ball. Chedean Nation joined Dottin and were looking good. At the end of fielding restrictions, the score was 31-2.

Anam Amin was brought back into the attack in the 10th over and she didn’t disappoint the captain as she took the wicket of Dottin who was striking the ball as clean as a whistle. Dottin departed on 46 off just 29 balls comprising of 3 fours and 4 maximums. With 82 needed from last 10, they kept losing wickets at regular intervals. The slower bowlers kept them under constant pressure. 60 were needed of last 6 with 6 wickets in hand. They didn’t get going and lost Aguillera in the middle. With 38 to get from last 3, their last hope Natasha McLean hit a six of Aiman Anwer and got out on the very next ball. She scored 26(23) with 2 fours and a six. Finally they fell short by 12 runs having ended their innings on 138/8. Anam Amin was the star of the bowling pack ending with figures of 3-34 in her 4 overs. Sana Mir too picked up 2 wickets giving only 21 runs. Each of the bowler picked atleast a single wicket which made the life hard of the Windies batters. Nida Dar was awarded the player of the match for her innings of 53 off 40 balls.

Also Read:  Match 1: Barbados Royals vs Guyana Amazon Warriors | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

That ends the series with Windies winning the series 2-1. The two teams now travel to UAE for the 3 match ODI series starting on 7th February.

Brief Scores:-

PAKW- 150/6 in 20 overs

Nida Dar 53(40), Omaima Sohail 28(24); Karishma Ramharack 2-20, Shakera Selman 1-31 ) beat WIW- 138/8 in 20 overs

Deandra Dottin 46(29), Natasha McLean 26(23); Anam Amin 3-34, Sana Mir 2-21) by 12 runs.

2nd T20I – Windies women seal T20I series with Super Over win over Pakistan

1st T20I – West Indies Women and Deandra Dottin spoil Pakistan Women’s 100th T20I party

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here