Preview: 3rd ODI – West Indies vs Pakistan Women | Squad | Players to watch | Pitch | Live Streaming

West Indies have pocketed the three-match ODI series 2-0. However, going into the last match of the series, Pakistan will look to redeem themselves, while West Indies will look to make a clean sweep. The third ODI between Pakistan and West Indies will be played on November 14 at the National Stadium in Karachi.

Preview: 3rd ODI – West Indies vs Pakistan Women
Preview: 3rd ODI – West Indies vs Pakistan Women

Squads

Pakistan: Javeria Khan (captain, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Iram Javed, Muneeba Ali, Sidra Ameen, Anam Amin, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sidra Nawaz (wicket-keeper), Aiman Anwer, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Maham Tariq, Nashra Sandhu, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal

West Indies: Sheneta Grimmond, Kyshona Knight, Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor (captain), Deandra Dottin, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Anisa Mohammed, Shemaine Campbelle (wicket-keeper), Kycia Knight (wicket-keeper), Chedean Nation (wicket-keeper), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Qiana Joseph, Shakera Selman

Players to watch out for

Omaima Sohail:

Umaima Sohail. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Umaima Sohail. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right-hand middle-order bat top-scored for Pakistan against West Indies in the second ODI. She mustered 27 runs off 57 balls, including two boundaries. She came in to bat in the 18th over and was there till the 38th over. She was responsible for holding Pakistan’s innings together.

Anam Amin:

Anam Amin. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Anam Amin. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The left-arm spinner opened the bowling for Pakistan in the second ODI against West Indies. She accounted for 2-21 in her 9.4 overs, including one maiden. The wily spinner bowled disciplined lines and lengths, not allowing the batters to score freely of her.

Hayley Matthews:

Hayley Matthews scores a ton against Pakistan. PC: Getty Images
Hayley Matthews scores a ton against Pakistan. PC: Getty Images

The star all-rounder was the player of the match in her last outing against Pakistan. With the bat, she chipped in with a useful contribution of 26 runs off 47 balls lower down the order. She was the second-highest run-getter in that match for West Indies. With the ball, she wrecked havoc as she scalped 4-26 in her nine overs, including two maidens.

Also Read:  West Indies Women to tour Pakistan from November 21 to December 5 for 3 ODIs

Shamilia Connell:

Shamilia Connell. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Shamilia Connell. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right-arm quick who opened the bowling for West Indies in her last match against Pakistan was effective with the ball as she picked up 3-18 in her 9.2 overs, including two maidens. She was the second most economical bowler for West Indies. She bowled tight lines and lengths and kept the batters at bay.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hazy and sunny all through the course of the match. The average temperature will be around 33 degrees Celsius. There is no chance of rain on match day.

Pitch

The wicket is nice and true. The batters will get value for their shots, while the bowlers will reap benefits if they bowl good lines and lengths. Given that this will be the third ODI at the venue, the outfield could be slow. The spinners may come in handy given the slowness of the pitch.

Fantasy playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Deandra Dottin, Iram Javed, Javeria Khan, Hayley Matthews, Fatima Sana, Omaima Sohail, Stafanie Taylor, Anam Amin, Shamilia Connell, Shakera Selman

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here