Preview: 2nd ODI – Pakistan vs West Indies Women | Squad | Players to watch | Pitch | Live Streaming

West Indies have taken a 1-0 lead in the three-match ODI series. The second ODI which will be played at National Stadium in Karachi on November 11 will be a do-or-die match for Pakistan. Pakistan having lost the first ODI by 45 runs will look to level the series going into the next ODI.

2nd ODI - West Indies vs Pakistan Women's Cricket
2nd ODI – West Indies vs Pakistan Women’s Cricket

Squads

Pakistan: Javeria Khan (captain, Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Iram Javed, Muneeba Ali, Sidra Ameen, Anam Amin, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sidra Nawaz (wicket-keeper), Aiman Anwer, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Kainat Imtiaz, Maham Tariq, Nashra Sandhu, Rameen Shamim, Sadia Iqbal

West Indies: Sheneta Grimmond, Kyshona Knight, Rashada Williams, Stafanie Taylor (captain), Deandra Dottin, Chinelle Henry, Hayley Matthews, Anisa Mohammed, Shemaine Campbelle (wicket-keeper), Kycia Knight (wicket-keeper), Chedean Nation (wicket-keeper), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Qiana Joseph, Shakera Selman

Players to watch out for

Anam Amin:

Anam Amin. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Anam Amin. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The left arm spinner was the pick of the bowlers for Pakistan having struck with 5-35 in her 10 overs, including two maidens. Pakistan will want their wily spinner to come good in the second ODI as well for them to keep the series alive.

Aliya Riaz:

Aliya Riaz. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Aliya Riaz. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right hand bat middle order bat top scored with 46 runs in the first ODI. She smashed three boundaries during her 61-ball innings.

Hayley Matthews:

Hayley Matthews scores a ton against Pakistan. PC: Getty Images
Hayley Matthews scores a ton against Pakistan. PC: Getty Images

The middle order bat mustered 57 runs in the first ODI, including eight boundaries. With the ball, the right arm off spinner claimed 3-31 in her 10 overs, including one maiden.

Deandra Dottin:

Deandra Dottin. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Deandra Dottin. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The swashbuckling right hand bat muscled her ODI best of 132 in the first ODI. The opening bat plundered 18 boundaries and two sixes to help her side post a formidable score of 253. She was the player of the match in the last game.

Also Read:  "I avoided mankad to maintain the spirit of this great game," says Achini Kulasuriya

Weather

The weather looks good for a complete day of cricket. It is expected to be sunny all through the course of the match, with temperatures ranging between 32 and 34 degrees Celsius. There is 0% chance of rain.

Pitch

Over 450 runs were scored in the first ODI. The pitch looks good for batting and the batters can make the most of the conditions provided they spend some time in the middle. The spinners from both teams had a good outing in the last match.

Probable Fantasy playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Deandra Dottin, Iram Javed, Ayesha Zafar, Hayley Matthews, Aliya Riaz, Stafanie Taylor, Anam Amin, Shakera Selman, Nashra Sandhu, Anisha Mohammed

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here