Preview: 4th ODI – South Africa vs West Indies Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

With 1-1 and one ODI to go, the four-match series between South Africa and the West Indies is evenly poised. The fourth and the final ODI of the series will be played on February 6 at the Wanderers in Johannesburg.

Preview: 4th ODI – South Africa vs West Indies Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match Preview

Squads

South Africa: Sune Luus (capt), Chloe Tryon (vice-capt), Andrie Steyn, Anneke Bosch, Ayabonga Khaka, Lara Goodall, Laura Wolvaardt, Marizanne Kapp, Masabata Klaas, Mignon du Preez, Nadine de Klerk, Nonkululeko Mlaba, Raisibe Ntozakhe, Shabnim Ismail, Sinalo Jafta, Tazmin Brits, Trisha Chetty, Tumi Sekhukhune

West Indies: Stafanie Taylor (capt), Anisa Mohammed (vice-captain), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shemaine Campbelle, Shamilia Connell, Deandra Dottin, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Jannillea Glasgow, Chinelle Henry, Kycia Knight, Mandy Mangru, Hayley Matthews, Chedean Nation, Karishma Ramharack, Kaysia Schultz, Shakera Selman, Rashada Williams

Players to watch out for

Laura Wolvaardt:

Laura Wolvaardt
Laura Wolvaardt. Pic Credits: ICC

The right-handed South African opening batter scored a delectable century in the third ODI against the West Indies as she helped her side put together a daunting 299 on board. She muscled 117 runs off 123 balls, including 11 boundaries and a six, to register her third ODI century.

Shabnim Ismail:

Shabnim Ismail took 5 Wickets against Pakistan in 2nd T20I. PC: Twitter
Shabnim Ismail took 5 Wickets against Pakistan in 2nd T20I. PC: Twitter

She was the most successful bowler for South Africa in the third ODI as she wrecked havoc with a four-wicket haul. The right-arm seamer opened the bowling and conceded 37 runs off her 8.4 overs. She bowled well with the new ball and picked up two wickets in one over.

Kycia Knight:

Kycia Knight. PC: INDRANIL MUKHERJEE  |  Credit: AFP/Getty Images
Kycia Knight. Credit: AFP/Getty Images

The left-handed top-order bat top-scored for the West Indies in the third ODI against South Africa with 69 runs off 94 balls, including seven boundaries. She registered her second half-century in ODI cricket. When her team was losing wickets at regular intervals, she held the innings together.

Also Read:  Match 3: West Indies v India | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Shamilia Connell:

Shamilia Connell. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Shamilia Connell. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The right-arm speedster was the pick of the bowlers for the West Indies in the third ODI against South Africa. She opened the bowling and accounted for 4-54 in her 10 overs, including two wickets in one over.

Pitch

This will be the fourth and final match of the series that will be played at this venue. The last match saw more than 500 runs being scored, which indicates that the conditions are good for batting. Pacers have enjoyed bowling at this venue as they have been more successful than the spinners, atleast in the last ODI that was played.

Weather

It will be a day game. The weather is expected to be partly cloudy. The average temperature will be around 24 degrees Celsius. There is a 24 percent chance of rain and the humidity is expected to be 62 percent. The wind will blow at a speed of 10-20 mph from the east.

Fantasy playing XI

Kycia Knight, Deandra Dottin, Tazmin Brits, Laura Wolvaardt, Hayley Matthews, Sune Luus, Stafanie Taylor, Anisa Mohammed, Shamilia Connell, Ayabonga Khaka, Shabnim Ismail

Match details

Date: February 6, 2022

Time: 1.30pm IST

Venue: The Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here