3rd T20I: Australia vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Hayley Matthews-inspired West Indies drew level in the 2nd Twenty20 International (T20I) of the 3-match series against hosts Australia, following a devastating defeat in the opener. The series decider is scheduled for the 5th of October at the Allan Border Field, Brisbane, with live action commencing at 1:35 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

3rd T20I: Australia vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads:

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C, WK), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

West Indies – Hayley Matthews (C), Shemaine Campbelle (VC), Aaliyah Alleyne, Shamilia Connell, Afy Fletcher, Cherry Ann Fraser, Shabika Gajnabi, Jannillea Glasgow, Chinelle Henry, Zaida James, Djenaba Joseph, Ashmini Munisar, Karishma Ramharack, Stafanie Taylor, Rashada Williams

Players to watch out:

Beth Mooney

The 29-year-old batter, with 82 T20I appearances and an average of 40.40, has piled on 2505 runs at a strike rate of 124.25, registering the best of an unbeaten 117. Mooney has kicked off the summer with scores of 11 and 29 and it is not often that she fails to convert her starts, so she can be relied upon to capitalize on these starts and finish the series on a high.

Jess Jonassen

The 30-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, with 101 bowling outings, has taken 96 wickets, including the best of 5/12, and has accumulated 438 runs from 43 innings. Jess has batted only once in her past 5 outings, and with the ball, she has looked off-color lately, not picking up as many wickets and leaking runs. In this series, Jess has recorded bowling figures of 0/20 (2) and 1/34 (2), and her next few outings could prove to be crucial.

Also Read:  Ellyse Perry overtakes Steve Waugh and Shane Watson with this Unique Record

Stafanie Taylor

The 32-year-old all-rounder, in 113 T20I outings, has amassed 3235 runs, including the highest score of 90. She has also been more than handy with the ball, collecting 98 wickets from 87 bowling outings. Taylor finally managed to convert her starts into a 41-ball 59 in a record-chase for West Indies, notching up her first fifty since 2019. With 4 games remaining on the tour, these welcome runs could only be the start of her good form.

Karishma Ramharack

The 28-year-old off-spinner made a return to the national side after missing out on Ireland’s series. In 24 T20Is, Karishma has taken 17 wickets, with her best performance being 3/8, and has maintained an economy rate of 6.06. On her return, Karishma had a brilliant tour game, but she has failed to translate that form into the T20I matches, returning bowling figures of 0/16 (2) and 0/30 (2) in the first couple of games.

Pitch:

The Allan Border Field, Brisbane, dishes a balanced center wicket that provides a fair contest between bat and ball. The 22 yards at the venue offer sufficient assistance to both spinners and pacers, while batters also find delight in the pitch, with an average score in the 130s.

Weather:

With light winds, humidity at 73%, and the temperature expected to hover around 23°C, the conditions are pleasant for cricket. Despite mostly cloudy skies overhead, the chances of rain remain minimal, promising a complete game of cricket.

Fantasy playing XI:

Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy, Ellyse Perry, Stafanie Taylor, Phoebe Litchfield, Hayley Matthews, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Chinelle Henry, Georgia Wareham, Shamilia Connell

Also Read:  Australia snatch T20I series win against Hayley Matthews' West Indies

Match details:

Date – October 5, 2023

Time – 1:35 PM IST

Venue – Allan Border Field, Brisbane

Broadcast – The game will be broadcast on the Seven Network and Fox Sports, and it will also be available for streaming on Kayo Sports.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here