Match 3: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The third match of the five-match T20I series between Nepal and Uganda will be played at Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground in Kirtipur, Nepal, on May 19. Uganda lead the series 2-0.

Squads – Match 3: Nepal v Uganda Women

Nepal: Rubina Chhetri (c), Sita Rana Magar, Indu Barma, Kajol Shrestha, Karnuna Bhandari, Sarnita Rana Magar, Kabita Kunwar, Apsari Begam, Saraswati Chaudhary, Mamta Chaudhary, Asmina Karmacharya, Suman Khatiwada, Sangita Rai, Kabita Joshi, Roma Thapa, Jyoti Pandey, Sabnam Rai, Bindu Rawal, Ishwori Bist, Dolly Bhatta, Hiranmayee Roy, Ritu Kanoujuya

Uganda: Kevin Awino (wk), Leona Mirembe Babirye, Janet Mbabazi (vc), Consylate Aweko Nimungu (c), Rita Musamali, Frankline Najjumba, Sarah Walaza, Phiona Egaru Kulume, Susan Hellen Kakai, Shakirah Sadick, Everlyn Anyipo, Patricia Malemikia, Sarah Akiteng, Rita Elizabeth Nyangendo

Players to watch out for

Kabita Kunwar: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Nepal, who opened the bowling against Uganda in her last match was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 2-18 in 3.5 overs. She bowled well with the new ball and picked up a wicket in the very first over of the match. She also bowled well in the death overs. 

Bindu Rawal: 

The left-handed opening batter from Nepal top scored with 26 runs off 36 balls, including two boundaries, in her last game against Uganda. Rawal provided a steady start to the team.

Janet Mbabazi: 

The right-arm seamer from Uganda was the most successful bowler in the last match against Nepal as she bagged 2-26 in four overs. She bowled well in the middle overs and also at the death. She also claimed one run out. The vice-captain of the team also scored a run-a-ball 16.

Also Read:  Match 4: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Rita Musamali: 

She won the player of the match for her all-around performance for Uganda in her last match against Nepal. With the bat, she top-scored with 30 runs off 34 balls and with the ball claimed 1-16 in three overs.

Pitch

In the last match that was played here more than 200 runs were scored. The team batting second won the nail-biting thriller. A total of 16 wickets fell during the course of the match. The wicket is again expected to offer a good contest between bat and ball. 

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy with occasional rain and a thunderstorm. The average temperature will be around 29 degrees Celsius. There will be 40 percent cloud cover and 84 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kevin Awino, Bindu Rawal, Franklin Najjumba, Sarita Magar, Rita Musamali, Janet Mbabazi, Rubina Chhetry, Sita Rana Magar, Consylate Aweko, Kabita Kunwar, Sabnam Rai

Match Details

Date: May 19, 2022

Time: 12.45pm IST

Venue: Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground, Kirtipur

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here