Match 1: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The first match of the five-match T20I series between Nepal and Uganda will be played at Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground in Kirtipur, Nepal, on May 16.

Preview – Match 1: Nepal v Uganda Women

Squads 

Nepal: Rubina Chhetri (c), Sita Rana Magar, Indu Barma, Kajol Shrestha, Karnuna Bhandari, Sarnita Rana Magar, Kabita Kunwar, Apsari Begam, Saraswati Chaudhary, Mamta Chaudhary, Asmina Karmacharya, Suman Khatiwada, Sangita Rai, Kabita Joshi, Roma Thapa, Jyoti Pandey, Sabnam Rai, Bindu Rawal, Ishwori Bist, Dolly Bhatta, Hiranmayee Roy, Ritu Kanoujuya

Uganda: Kevin Awino (wk), Leona Mirembe Babirye, Janet Mbabazi (vc), Consylate Aweko Nimungu (c), Rita Musamali, Frankline Najjumba, Sarah Walaza, Phiona Egaru Kulume, Susan Hellen Kakai, Shakirah Sadick, Everlyn Anyipo, Patricia Malemikia, Sarah Akiteng, Rita Elizabeth Nyangendo

Players to watch out for

Karuna Bhandari: This right arm off spinner from Nepal has 21 T20Is under her belt since her debut in 2019. She has picked 17 wickets in 20 innings. She is also a right handed batter.

Indu Barma: She is a right handed batter from Nepal. With 20 T20Is under her belt, she has mustered 260 runs including the best of 55 not out. She can also roll her arm over to bowl right arm medium pace.

Consylate Aweko: She is a right arm off spinner from Uganda who has played 25 T20Is since her international debut in 2018 and scalped 30 wickets. She is also a handy right handed batter with the highest score of 22 not out.

Janet Mbabazi: The vice captain of Uganda was recently nominated for the ICC Player of the Month April 2022. She is a right handed batter and right arm seamer, who has featured in 23 T2OIs since her debut in 2018. She has scored 200 runs and claimed 19 wickets.

Also Read:  Match 5: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Pitch

This will be the first women’s T20I that will be played here. Prior to this, the venue has hosted 18 men’s T20Is. Teams batting first have won 10 matches and teams batting second have won seven with one match ending in a tie. The highest score here has been 3-238 while the lowest is 6-79.

Weather

Intervals of clouds and sunshine with a thunderstorm in spots are expected. The weather will be humid with an average temperature of 28 degrees Celsius. There will be 54 percent cloud cover and 44 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kajal Shrestha, Indu Barma, Rita Musamali, Shakirah Sadick, Phiona Egaru Kulume, Rubina Chhetry, Franklin Najjumba, Consylate Aweko, Karuna Bhandari, Janet Mbabazi, Sangita Rai

Match Details

Date: May 16, 2022

Time: 1pm (local)

Venue: Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground, Kirtipur

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here