Match 2: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

The second match of the five-match T20I series between Nepal and Uganda will be played at Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground in Kirtipur, Nepal, on May 17. Uganda lead the series 1-0.

Match preview: Match 2: Nepal v Uganda Women

Squads

Nepal: Rubina Chhetri (c), Sita Rana Magar, Indu Barma, Kajol Shrestha, Karnuna Bhandari, Sarnita Rana Magar, Kabita Kunwar, Apsari Begam, Saraswati Chaudhary, Mamta Chaudhary, Asmina Karmacharya, Suman Khatiwada, Sangita Rai, Kabita Joshi, Roma Thapa, Jyoti Pandey, Sabnam Rai, Bindu Rawal, Ishwori Bist, Dolly Bhatta, Hiranmayee Roy, Ritu Kanoujuya

Uganda: Kevin Awino (wk), Leona Mirembe Babirye, Janet Mbabazi (vc), Consylate Aweko Nimungu (c), Rita Musamali, Frankline Najjumba, Sarah Walaza, Phiona Egaru Kulume, Susan Hellen Kakai, Shakirah Sadick, Everlyn Anyipo, Patricia Malemikia, Sarah Akiteng, Rita Elizabeth Nyangendo

Players to watch out for

Kabita Kunwar: 

The right arm speedster from Nepal, who opened the bowling against Uganda in her last match was the most successful bowler for her team as she bagged 2-15 in four overs. She bowled well with the new ball and struck in the very first over of the match. 

Indu Barma: 

The right-handed top-order batter from Nepal top scored with 16 runs off 28 balls in her last game against Uganda. Apart from her batting, she made a useful contribution with the ball, picking up 1-14 in three overs, bowling right arm medium pace. 

Consylate Aweko: 

The right arm off spinner from Uganda was the pick of the bowlers in the last match against Nepal as she scalped 2-15 in four overs. She bowled well in the middle overs and also at the death. She also claimed one run out. 

Also Read:  Match 3: Nepal v Uganda Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Janet Mbabazi: 

The vice captain of Uganda won the player of the match for her all-round performance in her last outing against Nepal. The right handed batter top scored with 29 runs off 38 balls, batting at number three, and picked up 1-14 in four overs, bowling right arm medium pace.

Pitch

In the last match that was played here close to 200 runs were scored. The team batting first won the match. A total of 14 wickets fell during the course of the match. The wicket is again expected to offer a good contest between bat and ball. 

Weather

Variable clouds with a thunderstorm in spots are expected. The average temperature will be around 30 degrees Celsius. There will be 64 percent cloud cover and 41 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Kevin Awino, Rita Musamali, Franklin Najjumba, Bindu Rawal, Janet Mbabazi, Indu Barma, Rubina Chhetry, Consylate Aweko, Kabita Kunwar, Sarah Akiteng, Kabita Joshi

Match Details

Date: May 17, 2022

Time: 12.45pm IST

Venue: Tribhuvan University Cricket Ground, Kirtipu

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here