Match 21: Indonesia U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 21st match of the inaugural edition of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Indonesia and Ireland on January 19 at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Match 21: Indonesia U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Both teams will play their third game in the tournament, having lost their previous two encounters against New Zealand and West Indies.

Squads

Indonesia: Ni Luh Ketut Wesika Ratna Dewi (c), Thersiana Feibrene Catrina Penu Weo (vc), Ni Kadek Ariani, Yessny Yolanda Djahilepang, Sang Ayu Ketut Puspita Dewi, Lie Qiao, I Gusti Sandya Febri Pratiwi, Ni Kadek Devi Murtiari, Ni Putu Cantika, Ni Kadek Dwi Indriyani, Desi Wulandari, Ni Made Suarniasih, Gusti Ayu Made Ratna Ulansari, Dewa Ayu Sasrikayoni, Kadek Ayu Kurniartini

Ireland: Amy Hunter (c)*, Siúin Woods (vc), Zara Craig, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Abbi Harrison, Jennifer Jackson, Joanna Loughran, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Kia McCartney, Ellie McGee, Julie McNally, Freya Sargent, Annabel Squires

* ruled out of the World Cup due to injury to the left thumb

Players to Watch

Ni Luh Dewi:

Player Profile of Ni Luh Ketut Dewi - U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Ni Luh Ketut Dewi – U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The captain of Indonesia Women’s U19 is a promising all-rounder who is a right-handed top-order batter and a right-arm medium-pace bowler. In her last match against West Indies Women’s U19, she scored 14 off 21, including a couple of boundaries. She also opened the bowling and bowled two overs, conceding 17 runs.

Kadek Kurniartini:

Player Profile of Kadek Ayu Kurniartini - U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Kadek Ayu Kurniartini – U19 Indonesia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The right-handed opening batter of Indonesia Women’s U19 top-scored with 15 off 23 in her last game against West Indies Women’s U19. She fought hard but failed to capitalise on the start. She will be expected to lay a solid foundation for the rest of the batters.

Also Read:  Match 9: Typhoons vs Scorchers | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Zara Craig:

Player Profile of Zara Craig - U19 Ireland Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Zara Craig – U19 Ireland Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The right-handed middle-order batter of Ireland Women’s U19 was the leading run-getter for her side in the last fixture against New Zealand Women’s U19. Batting at number six, she mustered 20 off 28. Besides her batting, she can roll her arm over to bowl right-arm medium-pace.

Georgina Dempsey:

Player Profile of Georgina Dempsey - U19 Ireland Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Georgina Dempsey – U19 Ireland Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The right-arm speedster of Ireland Women’s U19 was the only wicket-taker for her side in the last encounter against New Zealand Women’s U19. She opened the bowling with Kia McCartney and claimed 27/1 in three overs. She is also a handy right-handed middle-order batter.

Pitch

It will be the fifth game of the tournament at this venue. Out of the four matches played here till January 18, the teams batting first and second have won two each. The average first innings score is 134, and the average second innings score is 78. Though the surface looks good for batting, there is something in it for the bowlers, provided they hit the right straps.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and hot. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 32 degrees Celsius. There will be a 44 percent cloud cover and a 40 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

I-Gusti Pratiwi, Joanna Loughran, Annabelle Squires, Kadek Kurniartini, Ni Indriyani, Ni Luh Dewi, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Zara Craig, Freya Sargent, Ni Suarniasih

Match details

Date: January 19, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Senwes Park, Potchefstroom, South Africa

Live streaming: Fan Code

Also Read:  Warm-Up Match 11: England U19 v Indonesia U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here