Warm-Up Match 12: Rwanda U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The 12th warm-up match of the ICC Women’s U19 T20 World Cup will be played between Rwanda and Ireland on January 11 at Hammanskraal Oval in Pretoria, South Africa. The game will begin at 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL).

Warm-Up Match 12: Rwanda U19 v Ireland U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Both teams lost their first warm-up fixture. While Rwanda went down to New Zealand by 63 runs, Ireland suffered defeat at the hands of Pakistan by seven wickets.

Squads

Rwanda: Gisele Ishimwe (c), Merveille Uwase, Henriette Isimbi, Marie Jose Tumukunde, Giovannis Uwase, Sharila Niyomuhoza, Sylvia Usabyimana, Henriette Therese Ishimwe, Divine Gihozo Ishimwe, Belyse Murekatete, Cynthia Uwera, Cesarie Muragajimana, Rosine Uwera, Zurafat Ishimwe

Ireland: Amy Hunter (c), Siúin Wood (vc), Zara Craig, Georgina Dempsey, Rebecca Gough, Abbi Harrison, Jennifer Jackson, Joanna Loughran, Niamh MacNulty, Aimee Maguire, Kia McCartney, Ellie McGee, Julie McNally, Freya Sargent, Annabel Squires

Players to Watch

Cynthia Tuyizere:

The opening batter of Rwanda Women’s U19 top-scored in her last outing against New Zealand Women’s U19. She fought hard for her 19 off 43, including one hit to the fence. She also bowled one over and conceded 10 runs.

Belyse Murekatete: 

The right-arm speedster of Rwanda Women’s U19 was the most successful bowler in her last match against New Zealand Women’s U19. She opened the bowling and claimed 22/2 in four overs. She also scored 10 off 17, batting at number six.

Zara Craig: 

The right-arm medium-pace bowler of Ireland Women’s U19 was one of the three wicket-takers for her side in her last fixture against Pakistan Women’s U19. She accounted for 14/2 in three overs, including one maiden and was the most economical bowler for her team.

Also Read:  Gaby Lewis Fifty guides Ireland to a 10-Wicket Win over Zimbabwe

Annabella Squires: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of Ireland Women’s U19 starred with the bat in her last appearance against Pakistan Women’s U19. She scored 35 off 37, including a couple of boundaries. She held the batting innings of her team together with her gritty knock.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s third game at the venue. The teams batting first and second have won one match each. Though the two fixtures were low-scoring affairs, the surface is batting-friendly and can offer plenty of runs. The conditions look excellent for an exciting day of cricket.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hot with plenty of sun. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 34 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Merveille Uwase, Joanna Loughran, Cynthia Tuyizere, Amy Hunter, Annabella Squires, Gisele Ishimwe, Ellie McGee, Rebecca Gough, Zara Craig, Belyse Murekatete, Georgina Dempsey

Match details

Date: January 11, 2023

Time: 1.30 PM IST (10 AM LOCAL)

Venue: Hammanskraal Oval, Pretoria, South Africa

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here