Gongadi Trisha and Anushka Sharma’s 138 Run Partnership help India B beat India D in Finals

The final match of the Women’s U19 One Day Challenger Trophy was played between India B and India D on Sunday at the RCA Academy Ground in Jaipur. India B and India D were the top two teams among the four teams in the points table. India D won the toss and elected to bat first.

India B - Winners of U19 Women's Challengers Trophy 2021
India B – Winners of U19 Women’s Challengers Trophy 2021

1st innings India D 140 all out in 48.5 overs

Batting first, India D were bowled out for 140 runs in 48.5 overs, as India B bowlers had a wonderful outing with the ball. Sakshi Singh, Sonam Yadav, N R Shree Charani and captain Anushka Sharma accounted for two wickets apiece, while Gongadi Trisha and Pragati Singh claimed one wicket each. With the bat, India D’s Kashvee Gautam scored a scintillating half-century, however she could not find able allies as her team kept losing wickets at regular intervals. Gautam mustered 50 runs off 62 balls, including seven boundaries and a six.

2nd innings India B 142-1 in 41.4 overs

In reply, India B made lightwork of the chase as they achieved the target in 41.4 overs, winning the match by nine wickets. The opening pair of Gongadi Trisha and Anushka Sharma stitched a 138 run partnership in 41.1 overs to lay a solid foundation for the team. While Trisha hammered an unbeaten 78 off 116 balls, smashing 10 boundaries and a six, Sharma piled up 54 runs off 135 balls, including four boundaries and a six. Trisha and Sharma played some breathtaking shots and also ran well between the wickets. The duo were simply toying with the opposition’s bowling attack. The India D bowlers had an off day as only Gulshan Ali was able to pick up a wicket. The rest of the bowlers, though mostly economical, failed to strike. Ali accounted for 1-23 in her 7.4 overs.

Also Read:  Soumya Tiwari's Century and Anushka Sharma's all-round performance shine on Day 1

Brief Score: India D 140 all out in 48.5 overs (K Gautam 50; S Singh 2-29, S Yadav 2-20, N R Shree Charani 2-34, A Sharma 2-16) lost to India B 142-1 in 41.4 overs (G Trisha 78 not out; G Ali 1-23) by 9 wickets

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here