Match 17: Southern Brave v Trent Rockets Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 17th match of the Hundred Women’s Competition 2022 will be played between Southern Brave and Trent Rockets on August 25 at Rose Bowl in Southampton. The match will start at 8 PM IST.

Match 17: Southern Brave v Trent Rockets Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

This will be the fifth match of the tournament for both teams. While Southern Brave have not put a single foot wrong winning four out of their as many matches, Trent Rockets, on the other hand, have won two out of their four matches. Southern Brave have emerged victorious over London Spirit, defending champions Oval Invincibles, Manchester Originals, and Welsh Fire, while Trent Rockets have beaten Manchester Originals and London Spirit and suffered defeats at the hands of Oval Invincibles and Birmingham Phoenix.

Match Preview

Southern Brave: Tahlia McGrath, Georgia Adams, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Sophia Dunkley, Smriti Mandhana, Tara Norris, Carla Rudd, Paige Scholfield, Anya Shrubsole, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Danni Wyatt, Jo Gardner, Freya Kemp, Ella McCaughan, Molly Strano

Trent Rockets: Mignon du Preez, Bryony Smith, Alana King, Katherine Brunt, Kathryn Bryce, Abbey Freeborn, Sarah Glenn, Nat Sciver, Marie Kelly, Sophie Munro, Alexa Stonehouse, Georgia Davis, Elyse Villani, Ella Claridge, Emma Marlow, Kim Garth 

Players to watch out for

Sophia Dunkley: 

The right-handed top order batter of Southern Brave top scored for her team in her last match against Welsh Fire. Coming in at number three, she mustered 49 runs off 43 balls, including six boundaries. She won the player of the match for her brilliant batting performance.

Anya Shrubsole: 

The right arm medium pace bowler from Southern Brave was the pick of the bowlers for her side in her last appearance against Welsh Fire. She scalped 20/3 in 19 balls, including nine dot balls. She opened the bowling and made good use of the new ball, hitting the right areas on a consistent basis.

Also Read:  Tahlia McGrath adjudged ICC Women's T20I Cricketer of the Year 2022

Bryony Smith: 

The all-rounder won the player of the match for Trent Rockets in her last outing against London Spirit. With the bat, the right-handed batter, who opened the batting, smashed 63 off 44, including eight boundaries and two sixes. Apart from this, with the ball, the right arm off spinner, who opened the bowling with Kathryn Bryce, claimed 17/1in her full set of 20 balls.

Natalie Sciver: 

The captain of Trent Rockets had a great outing with both bat and ball in her last fixture against London Spirit. The right-handed middle order batter muscled an unbeaten 42 off 34, including four boundaries and with the ball, she struck with 20/2 in 15 balls. The right arm speedster was the most successful bowler for her side.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. The teams batting first and the teams batting second have won one match each. The average first innings score is 146 and the average second innings score is 143. The wicket looks good for batting. However the cloudy conditions may assist the fast bowlers making batting a little difficult.

Weather

The weather is expected to be warm with a couple of showers in the morning and then mostly sunny in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 24 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 57 percent with 60 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Abigail Freeborn, Danielle Wyatt, Smriti Mandhana, Ellyse Villani, Sophia Dunkley, Natalie Sciver, Bryony Smith, Georgia Adams, Alana King, Amanda-Jade Wellington, Anya Shrubsole

Also Read:  Ellyse Perry's 58 off 31 balls ensured Phoenix beat Fire by 19 Runs

Match details 

Date: August 25, 2022

Time: 8PM IST

Venue: Rose Bowl, Southampton

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here