Who is Kathryn Bryce | Bio | Stats | Scotland Player

About Kathryn Bryce:

Name:- Kathryn Bryce
Date of Birth:- 17th November 1997
Bowling Style:- Right arm Medium
Batting Style:- Right Hand Bat
Place of Birth:- Edinburgh, Scotland
Role:- Batting All-rounder
Team:- Scotland, Gujarat Giants Women, Lightning, Loughborough Lightning, Manchester Originals, Trent Rockets, Warriors Women

Kathryn Bryce for Scotland. PC: Female Cricket
Kathryn Bryce for Scotland. PC: Female Cricket

Bio:-

Raised in Edinburgh within a cricket-loving family, Kathryn’s early exposure to the sport ignited her passion, leading her to join a girls’ cricket team at George Watson’s College. Despite the lack of girls’ school teams in Edinburgh at the time, Kathryn thrived on the field, eventually becoming the first girl to represent her school’s boys’ first XI.

After completing her schooling, Kathryn pursued her cricketing ambitions at Loughborough University in England, where she balanced her studies with cricket in a high-performance program. Her dedication paid off as she earned opportunities with various domestic teams in both Scotland and England, including Warwickshire and Loughborough Lightning. Notable highlights of her domestic career include securing full-time contracts with Lightning, a rare achievement for a player from an ICC Associate member nation.

She made her international debut on 7th July 2018 in a T20I against Uganda. She has scored 1020 runs at a strike rate of 102.82 and an average of 36.42 in 38 innings so far in the T20I format. Her tally of runs includes eight half-centuries. Her best performance with the bat in the T20I format for Scotland came on 7th September 2019 against the Netherlands when she scored an unbeaten 73 runs at an impressive strike rate of 146 in the 5th place play-off in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier.

Also Read:  Match 7: Bangladesh v Scotland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Apart from her exploits with the bat, she has also picked up 37 wickets at an average of 15.08 and a brilliant economy of 4.35 in 39 innings in the T20I format. Her best performance with the ball came on 8th September 2023 when she returned with exceptional match figures (4-1-8-3) with the ball against France in the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Europe Region Qualifier. She was the 3rd highest run-scorer of the tournament with 133 runs to her name at an average of 26.60 in five innings.

She also has the record for the joint 6th fastest player to score 1,000 runs in the T20I format alongside the legendary former Australian skipper Meg Lanning, and the legendary West Indian all-rounder Stafanie Taylor all of who have managed to achieve the milestone in just 38 innings.

She made her ODI debut on 17th October 2023 against Ireland. She has scored 301 runs so far at a strike rate of 86.24 and a sensational average of 75.25 in four innings. Her tally of runs includes four half-centuries. Her best performance with the bat came on 21st October 2023 against Ireland when she scored 83 runs at a strike rate of 76.85. Apart from her exploits with the bat, she has also picked up five wickets with the ball at a strike rate of 20 and an economy of 3.57 in four innings.

As the Scotland Women’s team in the ODI format, she has an impressive win percentage of 50 in the four matches she has played so far.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here